20- A Gift

0418

Daniel entered the code number for the suite and then opened the door to the room him and Emily had been calling home since the night of the fire 2 weeks ago.

"Dada!" Tayla giggled walking up to Daniel and grabbing onto his leg.

"Hey beautiful girl," he smiled as he bent down and picked her up.

"What is it?" She asked touching the box that Daniel held under his other arm.

"It's a present for mummy. Where's mummy and Thomas?"

"Thomas on the bacony. Mummy in bathroom."

"Is Thomas on the balcony? What's he doing out there?"

"Feeding da birdies!" She squealed excitedly.

"Why don't you go help him?"

"Mummy said no. Tayla not on balcony wif out mummy or daddy!" She pouted.

"Alright well behave and go out with Thomas. But be a good girl and ask Thomas for help."

Daniel knew the balcony was childsafe, he didn't feel the need to have someone watching the kids when there was no possible way they could fall. Emily was just that little bit more protective. Tayla giggled happily and Daniel put her down on the ground and let her run out onto the balcony while he walked into the bathroom.

When he walked in Emily had her top up exposing her baby bump.

"Hey you're home," she said looking up.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Charlotte gave me some oil, she said it would help with my strech marks," she replied gently rubbing the oil over the right side of her stomach.

"How was your day?"

"It was good, I had another appointment this morning."

She reached into her back pocket and handed him the ultrasound photo.

"Awesome," he smiled looking down at the photo.

"20 weeks," she smiled back, "I can't believe time has gone so quickly."

"Yeah I know."

"What have you got?" She asked looking at the box.

"I got you a present," he smiled.

She raised her eyebrows and smiled back.

"Really? What is it?"

"You'll have to open it."

He walked back out into the sitting area while Emily washed the oil from her hands, then followed him out there. He handed her the box and she sat down on the sofa and sat the box on her lap. She untied the bow and then pulled the lid off the box. She delicatly lifted away the tissue paper and smiled as she looked at the albulm.

"Daniel," Emily smiled as she opend the front to reveal a photo of them on their wedding day. "Our wedding albulm. You got another made."

He nodded and she kept looking through the pages.

"It's exactly the same as our last one."

"I know. I asked them for an exact copy because I knew that's what you'd want," he replied.

She put the albulm down on the table and put her arms around him.

"Thank you."

Emily burried her face into his top to stop the tears that were forming in her eyes.

"It's alright," he whispered rubbing his hand up and down her back knowing she was on the verge of tears.

She nodded and then let go of him, wiping under her eyes. He put his arm around her and she leaned into his chest.

Soon after Thomas came running in.

"Mummy we need more seed! Tayla and me used it all!"

Emily smiled and looked up at Daniel.

"I think there's some in the cupboard by the sink," she said.

He stood up and walked into the bathroom then reached into the cupboard.

"Em there isn't anything in here," he said.

"Yes there is. You're not looking hard enough."

She stood up and followed him into the bathroom and walked up to him. Emily reached up into the cupboard, no sooner did a loud bang come from the sitting room followed by screaming.

"Tayla. Thomas," Emily called quickly running back into the sitting room.

Tayla was sitting on the ground screaming and covering her head with her hands.

"What happened?!" She panicked as she picked up Tayla and rested her on her hip.

"Mummy we were running around and she fell over the toys," Thomas said pointing to the toy bucket.

"Where are you hurt beautiful?"

Tayla didn't say anything but kept on screaming. Emily pulled her tiny hands away from her head to see the egg and bruise already forming.

"Daniel! Look at her head!" She panicked as Daniel walked up to her.

"We need ice," he said.

He reached out and took Tayla into his arms.

"Do you want to go down to the kitchen and ask the chef for some ice?"

She nodded and quickly left the room as Daniel sat down on the sofa.

"Sh baby girl," he whispered laying her in his arms. "Shh."

The crying soon became whimpering and Tayla covered her head with her hands again as she tried to hide her face into daniels top.

"Shhh."

By the time Emily rushed back in with the ice Tayla was whimpering in Daniels arms. Quickly Emily sat down beside Daniel and pressed the icepack to Taylas forehead.

"I think we should take her to a doctor," Emily said.

"She's alright."

"What if she's not?"

"It's all part of her leaning to walk Em. Thomas was the same when he was walking."

"He never fell that bad!"

"Well next time she'll be more careful running around. You're okay aren't you baby girl?"

Tayla snuffled and snuggled closer to Daniel.

"Shhh baby girl."

"She's alright Em, she just took a fall. It's all part of walking and growing up."

A/N: I've hit a writers block. Actually I kinda have. I know what to do in another 10 chapter but right now.....no ideas. Don't kill me for the terrible chapters.