22- First Kick

"You're amazing. You know that don't you?" Emily asked Daniel and he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"You've mentioned it one or two times," he replied smiling.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Daniel kept his hands around her waist and rested his hands over her baby bump and gently rubbed up and down as Emily closed her eyes relaxing to his touch.

"Thank you for getting the kids to have an afternoon nap."

"No problem. You need your rest," Daniel replied.

"I'm exhausted. I think I'm going to have a nap while the kids are sleeping."

"Not before you eat something."

She sighed and shook her head slightly.

"You didn't eat breakfast or lunch. I'm not letting you sleep until you have eaten," Daniel enforced.

"I'm not hungry," she muttered.

"Well you and our baby need food."

He kept rubbing up and down her stomach hoping to persuade her to eat. All of a sudden Emily sucked in a sharp breath.

"Did you feel that?" She asked placing her hand on top of Daniels.

He nodded and rested his chin on her shoulder. The baby kicked for a second time and Emily smiled.

"I felt that too," Daniel also smiled.

"Isn't it amazing."

"It's beautiful," he replied.

They stood there silently for a few moments as they felt the baby kick.

"That's our baby," Emily smiled.

"I know. Do you know what the baby is tryin to say?"

She chuckled.

"Tell me."

"The baby wants you to eat something."

He let o of her and walked into the cupboard they had stored small snacks in and pulled out a protein bar.

"Here," he said handing it to her.

"Can I sleep after I eat this?" She asked.

Daniel nodded and she sighed and walked over to the sofa. Daniel joined her and pulled her into his arms. She smiled slightly and leaned into him while eating the bar.

Not long after Emily was asleep happily against Daniel. He knew she was tired and he was glad she was able to sleep during the afternoon.

All of a sudden Daniels ring tone filled the room with noise and he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. Emily stirred and woke up to the loud sound. She sat up as Daniel answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Is this Daniel Grayson?"

"Speaking," Daniel replied.

"Mr Grayson it's detective Ella Wrestler here. I have some information for you. Could ou and your wife possibly make your way down to the police station in the next half an hour?"

__________________________________

Forgive me it's short, but i figured a short chapter was better than no chapter. Hope this isn't a blank chapter for anyone like the last one was.....