6- Break Down

Daniel sat down opposite Emily on the different sofa in the living room. She took a sip of her tea nervously and looked down to Tayla playing with her toys on the ground. She looked back up and met eyes with Daniel, who knew something was going on.

She got distracted in day dream. thinking of how Daniel would react. Would he be happy? Sad?...angry?

"Em," Daniel said reaching across and grabbing her hand."What?" She asked snapping back and looking up at him.

"What are you thinking about?"

"It's nothing," she said shaking her head and pulling her hand away.

"It's obviously something."

She shook her head and had another sip of tea trying to calm herself down. It was times like these she would get so overwhelmed she'd just breakdown and collapse.

"What did you want to talk about?" He asked.

"I thought it was important....i-it is important....I-I just don't know what I say," she said still avoiding eye contact.

"If it's important you need to tell me."

"I-I don't know what you'll say,"  she said sadly."Are you asking me for a divorce?!"  He guessed slightly panicked.

"No! God no Daniel!" She said looking up at him.

He sighed with relief and leaned across and took her hand.

"You can tell me anything," he tried encouragingly.

She just  stared up at him and into his dark brown eyes. He smiled at her trying to relax her but it wasn't working. Her mind filled with panic and her body froze. She tried to speak but no words came out of her mouth. She stuttered and her eyes filled with tears, She pulled away from him and stood up.

"I-I'm so s-sorry," she said sadly.

She quickly headed up the stairs and locked herself in the en-suite. She didn't know what to do, what to say, anything....she knew nothing.

Daniel quickly took off after her and followed her up the stairs. He reached the entry way of the bedroom as she shut the en-suite door; hearing the lock click as she did so.

.     .     .     .    .

Emily stood hunched over the sink crying. She could hear Daniel outside the door urging her to let him in. More tears fell; down her cheek. Some rolled down her neck others fell straight into the bathroom sink.

She looked up at the women in the mirror. Tears stained her cheeks, her cheeks red from her sobbing. The black lines of her massacre made her looked like she had been assaulted and badly bruised. The rest of her face was oddly pale and she looked down.

She kept the pregnancy test that Marie had given her. 2-3 weeks it still read. She took the test 3 weeks ago, making her 5-6 weeks. She still needed to go to the doctor, to make sure the baby was okay. But right now she was worried about what she was going to tell Daniel.

Not only was she pregnant, she had lied to him about it for 3 whole weeks. What was he going to say?

"Em you let me in or I'll break the door down," he said banging his fist against the wall.

"I-I c-can't t-talk now D-Daniel," she said.

He banged on the door again and she cringed at the loud noise; scared he might get through the door.

She sat down on the toilet lit with the test still in her hands. She didn't want to believe it was correct. She had been sick, her back had ached a couple of times in the past 6 weeks. As much as she didn't want to admit it she could tell her waist was growing slightly too; not rounded, she just looked like she had gained a little weight.

Daniel pounded his fist against the wall again and she jumped.

"Em please let me in," he begged.

She slowly stood up from the toilet and walked to the door. She clicked the lock and Daniel opened the door immediately. She broke down completely as she lifted the pregnancy test and placed it in his hands.