27- Home

For once, everything felt normal for Emily. Here she was back in her own home, with her own family, trying to get everything back in order. Daniel was sitting on the wooden floor boards assembling the last of the flat pack stools. Emily stood in the brand new kitchen putting the cutlery and plates back into the drawers and cupboards. With the two children sleeping back in their own rooms upstairs the house was quite peaceful. Outside was pitch black and Emily liked it that way. It was mysterious to her and some how it represented hope.

"There is no hope in the pitch black of night Emily," Daniel said as he screwed on the stool leg.

"Yes there is. You can hope for many things during the night," she replied.

"Oh really? Like what?"

"Well if you think about it, the night is peaceful and tranquil. You always want to hope for something Daniel. Night time just seems like a perfect time to do it."

"Okay I think you've lost your mind, but i'll blame it on a bizarre pregnancy moment."

Emily quickly picked up a tea towel and through it at him.

"I'm serious Daniel."

"I can have hope during the day," he said.

"It's not the same," she replied.

"Why not?"

"Because at night it's all dark and ugly so you can hope for something pretty like sunrise."

Daniel didn't understand but he nodded anyway, not wanting to argue with her.

"Do you get it?" She asked him.

"Yes," he lied.

"See! Don't blame it on me being pregnant!"

Daniel chuckled to himself slightly because that's exactly what he thought. He finished assembling the stool and stood it upright under the island bench.

"Are you done?"

Emily nodded and sighed as she lent against the bench top.

"Tired?"

She nodded again and he walked over and gently wrapped his arms her. She turned and nuzzled into his chest.

"Come on, lets get you up to bed."

_______________________________________________________

A/N: Hey, so I know it's short but it's a bit of a filler chapter. I'm going away today so hopefully I have phone signal to keep updating! If not I'll be back with updates Friday!