Chapter 2 - The Gala {}

Start from the beginning

"I'm so sorry!" I said and scrambled back and looked at the man I had just walked into.

"It's okay." He said with a soft smile.

To say he was hot was underestimating him, he was incredibly good looking. It was like he had just walked off the runway with his dreamy blue eyes and glossy black hair and full out shoulders. He smiled at me and the world faded away, that too was an exaggeration but I couldn't stop the butterflies floating around in my stomach.

"Brandon." He said extending his hand forward to greet me.

"Ashley. Nice to meet you." I said with a small yet shy smile.

"Fantastic to meet you too," Brandon said and showed off his perfect pearl white teeth.

"Cool," I said - as I had nothing better to say - and took a sip of the golden drink in the glass I was holding.

I grimaced as the awful tasting liquid went down my throat.

"Don't you like scotch?" Brandon asked with a smirk.

"Nope."

"Hey, I honestly would like to get to know you better. May I have your number?" He asked.

I debated whether I should give it to him. First of all, he was a complete stranger and I had just met him, although he did seem familiar to me. I scanned him and decided that he did not look dodgy and he seemed like a genuinely nice person. I debated the whole debacle in my head before I finally caved in and decided to just give it to him.

I gave it to him and he saved my number and he also gave me his. I saved him as Brandon and then he smiled, apologised, and excused himself because apparently, he had urgent matters to attend to.

I found Melanie and she was absolutely drunk. She was on the dance floor with her co-worker Louis and they were both dancing. I smiled at them both and wondered whether Melanie had picked up on the fact that Louis had feelings for her or if she was just oblivious to the whole thing. 

"You see it too don't you?" Samantha said as she came up to me and I kindly smiled at her.

"I do," I said with a small smile. I was not the only one who picked up on something.

"I personally ship them!" Samantha said and I smiled and glanced back at them. Louis was shamelessly flirting with her.

"Me too!" I said and sipped my horrible tasting drink.

I made a bit of conversation with Samantha, I learned a few things about her but we didn't instantly click. She was extremely arrogant and I hated people like that. We never exchanged numbers and after a while, I got tired of her and decided to leave. My head felt swirly as I stumbled towards the bathroom, I felt light-headed and slipped on my sky-high heels before strong warm hands caught me and I passed out.

I groaned as I rubbed my sore head and looked around the unfamiliar room. It was spacious and filled with highly modern things. It looked like a suite. I was terrified as I scanned my environment trying to find out where I was and how I had managed to actually land myself here.

I tied my hair in a brown messy bun. I looked towards the door that had opened and I saw a familiar man. Blue eyes. Black hair. Then I remembered that it was Brandon from last night. He smiled at me and came forward as I tried to back away into the bed. My heartbeat was soaring as I realized there was no one in the whole place beside him.

"Good morning!" He smiled.

"Morning..." I trailed off looking past him and out the open door.