I wanted to be angry at Hunter, scream at him for making me feel so insubstantial, but a bigger part of me knew there is truth to his words. I couldn't be the Luna because I was nothing but a weak unworthy wolf. I would only bring everyone down.

An awkward tension carried around the room.

"I have to go," Hunter abruptly spoke up.

The Beta only nodded, not caring for an explanation although that didn't stop Alpha Hunter from giving one.

Looking me in the eyes, he said, " I promised a dinner with Emily."

Emily.

How can one word bring out so much anger and hatred from me? I never used to be such a spiteful person before.

I hate her. I don't know who she is and quite frankly, I don't care.

If Emily wanted to be Luna, then by all means she can go right ahead. She can have my mate. My title. Heck, she can even have my life.

I just wanted to start a new school with a new pack and new life. I just wanted my happiness back.

"It's not too late."

As if the Jaxon had read my mind, he came closer to me so that he was standing beside the head of the bed.

"Hunter- he's a tricky person but he does care for you."

Giving a sarcastic laugh I respond, "Yeah, he's clearly overjoyed that I'm his mate."

"He doesn't show it, but it's true. Why else would he mark you?"

Looking up to meet the Beta's blue orbs, "How about he's a possessive, power-hungry jerk who loves to ruin lives."

The Beta's hands clenched into fists. I was insulting his Alpha, of course he'd be angry.

"It's only because you're his mate. He doesn't know how to share his feelings, so he chooses to hide them. He takes his anger and confusion out by acting irrationally."

"Wow, you really do know your Alpha." I gave out a dry humorless laugh. I knew Jaxon was just trying to help and I should watch my tone but the bitterness inside me was seeping out uncontrollably.

"Well, we have been best friends since we were children."

The Beta sighed and turned to leave.

"I'll call your mother to come get you."

"Where am I?"

"You're in Hunters house."

My mouth hung open and my eyes go wide.

If Hunter hated me so much, why on earth would he bring me to his home? I figured the room I caught him and Emily in at the packhouse was where he lived, but this place seemed more fitting. It was much smaller and gloomier.

I wanted to think something special of the fact Hunter brought me to his home but with my luck the only reason he brought me here was because it's the closest place to go to without being noticed by others.

"Umm Beta-" Looking around, I realized the Beta was long gone, most likely calling my mother to pick me up.

My mom!

As horrible as it sounds, I nearly forgot about them. My poor mom will now have to take time out of her night to pick me up. It's not easy being a single parent.

Not wanting to be stuck in a bed any longer, I stand up and steadily take some steps forward. Turning my hip and hearing small creaks as my joints finally got some stretch, I prepare to search for the front door.