Part 52: Lost & Found

A week had passed since Eren had come over. No texts. No calls. Nothing. He'd ended up staying the night, but Mikasa had woken up to an empty bed.

When she had walked downstairs, she'd seen Levi. She had just figured Eren had left when he heard Levi come home... but he hadn't contacted her one bit.

She feels like crap again.

She walked down stairs after waking up at 2:00 p.m..

"Hey, Levi," Mikasa mumbled, walking to the fridge.

"I made you a hot pocket for lunch, but I got hungry and ate it," Hanji walked from around the corner.

"It's fine," Mikasa scanned the fridge, "We need more food."

"Could've eaten your hot pocket if you didn't sleep so late," Levi said while watching tv.

"So... when's the special day?" Mikasa looked over towards Hanji.

"I don't want it to be too long. Before you have Wendy is what I'm hoping for," Hanji smiled.

"Hell no," Levi cut in from the living room, "She has that baby in like a month. We can't plan a wedding so quickly. It'll be crappy."

"Actually, Levi, two months, and I think that would be great, but it really is a short period of time," Mikasa said.

"I've already been shopping for a wedding dress," Hanji perked up.

"Are you fucking crazy?" Levi, again, cut in.

"Shut up, I saw you trying to find places to book the wedding. I know your anxious to make me your wife too," Hanji called out.

Levi chuckled and didn't respond, knowing that she was correct.

"Also, we haven't held a baby shower for you," Hanji stuck out her bottom lip and walked over to the island.

"I don't want one," Mikasa cringed.

Hanji bent down and rested her elbows on the island, "Oh... well I'm getting you something anyways. We also need to talk about where the baby's room is going to be!"

"We'll figure it out. I think we're moving once you two get married... right Levi?" Mikasa turned to him.

"Probably," he responded.

"I'm just not ready to go back to school in a few weeks like ... this," Mikasa snarled and gestured towards her humongous stomach.

Before Hanji could say anything back Levi interrupted, "Oh, about that, Mikasa, c'mere," he paused his show.

"Yes sir?" She walked over to the couch he was on.

"I talked with the school, and they said that it's okay if you're gone until you have her," He told her.

"Really?" Mikasa asked.

"Yea. You're welcome," he fake smiled.

"Oh shit," she mumbled. Then she laughed in relief, "Thanks," she smiled and gave him a mini side hug.

"If you want to move schools too, we can," Levi noted.

"We'll see," she responded, "hey, uh, Levi? Are we still putting... putting Wendy up for... adoption?" She hesitantly asked.

"W-... we'll talk about this later," Levi unpaused the tv.

Mikasa frowned then walked back up to her room. Her due date came up in about 6 weeks. Summer only had 3 weeks left.