Part 48: Wendy

Five months later

Mikasa sat on the lounge chair outside of her house beside the pool. Her skin turning a beautiful golden under the sun. She sat her smoothie on top of her stomach.

She turned to Armin who lay beside her and stared at him. He looked back at her and smiled. She gave a mischievous smile and lowered her sunglasses.

"You seem awfully happy," he said.

"Well," she moved the drink from her stomach and took a sip from it, "I don't know why."

Armin chuckled, "So, you come up with her name?" He nodded his head towards Mikasa's stomach.

"Wendy," Mikasa sat up.

"Wendy... does Eren approve?"

Mikasa froze at his name, "uh.. I, uh, I don't know."

"When's the last time you two talked?"

"A month ago," she puckered her lips.

"Have you spoke to Sasha or jean or anyone?"

Mikasa shook her head, "you're the only one anymore."

"You don't seem too devastated by it anymore," Armin picked up a noodle that was laying beside him and started to play with the hole at the end.

"I'm not. Quality over quantity," she sighed at stared at the water.

She wasn't depressed any longer. She felt like it was the stupidest reason, so she straightened up herself, barley passing her classes though.

Her feelings for Eren were vanished. His feelings for her were probably never there, but if they were, they were gone too.

"Maybe you should call Sasha. She'd probably like to hear from you," Armin stood up.

"No one wants to hear from me," Mikasa followed him to the edge of the pool.

"Ladies first," Armin gestured towards the pool.

"I know," Mikasa said as she pushed him in.

-

Mikasa desperately tried to bend down and grab the soap from the bottom of her shower, but her stomach made it an obstacle. She gave up and just decided to wash her body with shampoo.

When Mikasa got out and wrapped her towel around her body, she opened up the door to see Armin waiting patiently on the bed.

"Creep much?" Mikasa asked in a playful manor as she walked to her dresser.

Armin ignoring her said, "You know what I miss?" he looked at his knees.

Mikasa walked over to him with a long sock decorated with Christmas related things and used it as a blindfold for him, "what'da ya miss?"

"How... how we could all three hang out together."

"Eren and I aren't happening again, Armin. Get over it," she rolled her eyes and walked back to her dresser, taking off her towel.