Part 10: Why

(Eren P.O.V.)

I gave a nervous chuckle.

"Heh, that's not something to mess around about." There was nothing coming out of the other end of the phone, not even a breath it seemed... she wasn't lying. "Mikasa, your just paranoid." Silence, "What makes you think your pregnant?" There was a long pause before she choked up the words,

"Tests, research, symptoms, I don't know." I could hear her struggle to talk and I could hear her choking on her words like she was crying.

"You took a test? Like pregnancy test?"

"Y-yes?"

"Well, what did it say?"

"Nothing."

"Mikasa, you have to tell me! I'm your-" she interrupted me,

"It's blank! It has nothing on it! I took it too early." 

"Oh... Well we shouldn't worry about it."

"WE SHOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT IT? EREN I COULD BE-"  She realized she was yelling, "listen we should talk about this later."

"Mmhmm, okay?" I hung up before she said bye or I love you.

I got a text.

Mikasa❤️😍💦: Why did u hang up

Me: Idk

Mikasa❤️😍💦: We need to talk about this

Me: K

(Mikasa P.O.V.)

I didn't text back I just sat there. K? That's all? K? Wow. I'll just have to talk to him in person about it.

Time skip

"Eren?" I walked up to him and grabbed his arm. He was headed for 1st period.

"Hm?"

"We need to talk."

"Hm? Later is that okay?" He walked off to catch up with Connie. I guessed I looked hurt and upset because Sasha came up to me and put her hand on my shoulder and said,

"You okay? Want some food?"

"I'm fine." I took her hand off of me and walked away.

Okay Mikasa, you have to focus instead of worrying about Eren. I mean you have a TEST in 2nd period! I ended up failing the test by the way. I couldn't focus at all, all day long and I did terrible. At lunch I tried to find Eren but he wasn't where we usually sat. Connie and Sasha weren't there also.

"Hey, do y'all know where they went?" I asked.

"Who?" Armin replied.

"You know, Eren, Sasha, Connie?"

"Oh! They said they were gonna sit over there by Annie." Armin pointed to the table and blushed when Annie saw him pointing.

"What?" I almost broke into tears. "Um should I eat here or there?"

"I tried to sit by them but there was no room." Armin took a bite of his sandwich.

"I'm sure Eren will make room for us, let me check." I got up, "Hey." I stood there like an idiot holding my lunch in my hands staring at them with a pleading face.

"Ugh, what?" Annie gave me a glare.

"You want some food?" Sasha looked at me.

"Actually I was looking for a place for us all to sit together." I fake smiled.

"There's no room but you can sit with Armin, Jean, and Marco over there." Connie smirked at me.

"Sasha? You wanna sit with me?" I asked.

"Sure!" She smiled and started getting all her food together.

"No! Stay!" Connie grabbed her hand.

"I wanna eat lunch with my best friend." She yanked away.

"You wouldn't rather be with your boyfriend?" He gave a puppy face.

"What's the point? Besides its either best friend with best friend, me and Mikasa and you and Eren, or Boyfriend and girlfriend, you and me and Eren and Mikasa! There's no where for her to sit here so today will just be best friend best friend."

"Why won't you come too Eren?" I asked.

"I... I p-... Annie wanted..." Connie finished his sentence for him... sort of.

"He promised Annie he'd sit with her, she said that she was feeling lonely."

"Why won't you look at me Eren?"