Life Could Not Be Worse

"Oh I'm sorry Natsuki, didn't I told you? Unfortunately, Kagome is not going to school today... something of my food make her get sick, I'm sorry I knew you were excited for today". "It's ok aunt... I can go by myself...". Natsuki left with a disappointed look, her aunt was really sad for lying to her as same with Kagome, who was hiding behind the wall of the living room, then she left the house and went to the old temple that was near they house. Natsuki was walking all the way to school with a map that grandpa gave to her, and her look never changed. After getting to her new class room where Kagome's friends introduced themselves, classes were good and finally the last bell rang announcing students' freedom, Natsuki grabbed her backpack and left the class room, then the building and now all the way back to home again. At home, she went upstairs to see how Kagome was feeling but her aunt stopped her before she could even touch the door.

"Natsuki!!" she called. "Yes aunt?" she answered. "Kagome is sleeping and I need someone to help with the cleaning of the house, can you help me please?". "Weird..." she thought. She left her backpack in her room and take off her uniform to wear something more comfortable. Heading to the kitchen, Natsuki helped her aunt with preparing the table and she was cooking. Natsuki's doubts grew more and more about Kagome, she never ever went downstairs for anything, was she that sick? Aunt said that Kagome didn't wanted to eat with them because she was scare of making them get sick too, a disease with food can be that contagious?. The family finished the dinner and Natsuki went back to her room to do her homework. When she finished and now had free time, she remembered what happened last night again...

"Where does that shadow came from? It doesn't looked like an ordinary person..." she laid her head on the chair looking at the roof.

After a lot of thinking...

"Nahh forget it Natsuki, its not like it couldn't be a monster or a demon, they don't exist!!!" she chuckled and rubbed her eyes tiredly. She changed into her pajamas and went to sleep, her dreams were about her childhood with Kagome, the kids were always laughing at her cousin's name and the little Natsuki protected her even if she was a little more shorter than her. Suddenly, she woke up by the sound of the alarm clock, again 7:00 am, same rutine as yesterday, she changed into her uniform, she brushed her hair and headed downstairs... this time, she saw Kagome eating on the table with Sota and grandpa, her eyes got wider and never changed when she sat next to her.

"Morning Natsuki!!" she said. "M-Morning Kagome, do you feel better?" she asked. "Huh? Oh!! Yeah yeah! I feel so good and I have a lot of energy to use today!!". "Good because it was pretty silent without you yesterday...". "I know and I'm sorry Natsuki, I promised you to go with you in your first day and I failed...". "It's ok Kagome, you were sick you couldn't go if you felt bad". "Yeah..." Kagome let a small drop of sweat fall from her face.

Kagome and Natsuki headed to school but in their way, Kagome was looking everywhere which confused Natsuki. "Uh Kagome?". "Yeah?" she continued looking. "Are you ok? Did you saw something strange?" she asked. "No no no! It's nothing important... I'm just looking at the sky, the street, the train... hehehe..." she laughed nervously and rubbed the back of her neck. The moment become more weird because she still haven't stopped, Natsuki just laughed awkwardly and not noticing, they were already at school.

At class...

"Natsuki is really funny Kagome, you are so lucky to have her as your cousin!" Kagome's friend said, her heart was black short and straight. "I know right? Natsuki is my lil sis". All three girls made an eyebrow. "Lil sis?" said the one with dark brown hair and more shorter. "Yeah... see these parts of heart? If we put them together, they form the sisters love!" Kagome said.

 see these parts of heart? If we put them together, they form the sisters love!" Kagome said

"We have them since elementary school..." Natsuki said. "That's so cute, oh! And Kagome, for what reason you didn't came to school yesterday?" said the third friend with dark brown, short and curly hair, Kagome started to act nervous which intrigued Natsuki. "You were absent other times?" Natsuki asked. "Um... well I...".

Fortunately, the teacher came and everybody went to their seats, teaching blah blah teaching teaching... ew... "This is going to be on the test on Friday!" the teacher said. "What?!? In the test?!?!" Kagome was surprised and shocked, most closely to lose her mind and probably knock out. "If Kagome was absent in other times, then obviously she is worried with the tests, but how? Is her body too weak for a lot of struggle and stress? I have a lot of questions that need an answer...".