Curse

Five days now since I left the group and every step I walk is more far away from Inuyasha. I wonder if... I made the right choice of leaving them?...

Kagome's POV

"I don't get anything of this!!" I thought. Right now, I came back to my world for school and it's depressing me being absent all the time. It's really difficult understand something when you haven't been there for a long time! I always had problems with my grades and now that I travel to the feudal era with Inuyasha, it's worse...

I looked at a spot not so far away from mine. Sadness started to come to my mind remembering that day when I was back. "Natsuki..." I said her name. Five days since she left...

*Flashback*

I jumped out of the well and ran to my house. I opened the door screaming my cousin's name "NATSUKI!!!! NATSUKI!!! ARE YOU HERE?!?!?! PLEASE ANSWER ME!!!!" but there was no answer from her. I checked in her room, it was the only place of the house I haven't checked... it was the same result.

"Kagome!! What's wrong?!" my mom asked, she saw me in my knees crying and holding my face... Natsuki was not here... Sota and grandpa came ruining asking too what happened. "Mom!! N-Natsuki... Natsuki... she...." I couldn't talk in that moment, I was so sad seeing that my cousin was completely gone... "Kagome, what happened with Natsuki?". "Four days mom... it has been four days and we haven't found her...". "What do you mean?". "After a battle we had, Natsuki left..." I started to cry again and my mom hugged me tightly. Sota and grandpa started to cry and went to hug us.

*End of flashback*

I had been remembering this everyday I woke up. Morning was not usual as before, mom now shows her face full of sadness and suffering, Sota and grandpa were serious, everything changed, nothing is like before. When I left home to school, I told my family "Don't worry, we will continue searching for her...". I'm still worried if we can find her because we are not even close from where she is... maybe she is too far away from us. "Natsuki... why did you left?".

I heard my friends calling my name "W-What's wrong?". "Are you ok? Did something happen with your ex-boyfriend?". "No... it's nothing about him". "Ahh, then why you are so sad?" they can't know about Natsuki's disappearance. "Since I have been absent most of the time, I have fallen behind in classes". "It's true... lately, you had been absent in school". "What about Natsuki? Why she didn't come today?" that question makes me remember the face of my dear cousin... I felt some tears falling in my face, my friends began to worry about me. "Kagome... you okay?" I nodded wiping my tears from my face.

A few minutes later, I waved good bye to my friends and went back home. I have to continue... I will not stop until I find her... At home, I grabbed my other backpack and went to the temple, I jumped and then out of the well when something bite my ankle. "Kagome!! you are late!!" Inuyasha yelled but I ignored him because of the pain. "Something bit me and escape over there!" I pointed at the direction where the thing goes and Inuyasha followed it.

Later, Inuyasha came back showing pieces of paper in his hand, I was confused, I knew something bite me... we preferred talk with the others about it when we arrive at the village.

Natsuki's POV

"Ehh?!?" for a moment, I felt... Shikon fragments... but these fragments contain pure evil. It's difficult try to ignore it... "Natsuki, this smell..." Kazuko didn't said anything, her face was in shock. "What's wrong?!" I said. "This smell... is from Kagome" my body froze from her answer, no thoughts, something happened... I have to see what happened with her!. I started running ignoring Rin calling my name.

Kazuko's POV

The faster I ran, the more it felt the evil presence of the fragments. I found myself in the village where I met the guys, I was surprised to come back but I didn't have another choice, I just came to see how Kagome was, that's it. I ran to Kaede's house and I saw Kagome unconscious with Inuyasha on her side. Inuyasha looked at me and he seemed shocked. "K-Kazuko..." I ignored him and sat next to Kagome "What happened?!" I asked. "Kagome is victim from a dark priestess's curse". "A curse?!". "Right now, Miroku and Sango are searching the refuge of that priestess" I see, so that's why the fragments had such a strong evil presence.

Time was going and Sango and Miroku weren't back yet, I got up to check the door but nothing appeared. "I hope they are ok..." I thought. "Kazuko... where have you been these four days?" I didn't answered, there was an awkward silence... it hurts seeing him with this worried attitude after what happened with Kikyo. I felt like if I was going to cry again but I can't let this affect me. "There's no time for that right now, Kagome is in danger".

Suddenly, an arrow was shot between Inuyasha and I getting on the wall next to my face. I looked at the direction where the arrow came from... and I saw Kagome... she did it. She pointed at us another arrow "Kagome what are you doing?" Inuyasha asked.

My memories just passed in front of my eyes, I remembered this exact moment with Kikyo when she tried to kill us. Nevertheless, Kagome's face looked different, she seemed like if she was being manipulated. She was doing a lot of facial expressions, just like if she was trying to say something. "Run!!!" she yelled. "Run Kazuko, Inuyasha!!!!" It was true, I knew that she was being manipulated by that evil priestess, but it doesn't matter, we can't find her with her pointing an arrow at us and we don't know to who is she going to throw at.

"Run!!" she yelled again and K couldn't leave "No Kagome! We are not going to leave you!!" Inuyasha screamed and ran to her, she shot her arrow but he could dodged it and I did too, god! Almost got a heart attack!. Suddenly, Kagome fall, Inuyasha hold her and I went to help him. "Inuyasha..." she turned to me. "Kazuko... I'm so glad to see you again... I stopped listening the voices... please... help me" she was suffering a lot. "Please... take me with you" she said, then I perceived the presence of the pearl...

We went out of the house and we saw Kaede and Shippo coming to us. "Kazuko!!". "Eh?! Kagome you can't move by yourself yet!". "We have to go and find the evil priestess..." I said and started to run, Inuyasha carried Kagome in his back and followed me.