A Morning Adventure

Everything at the village was normal and peaceful. I decided to spend time by myself thinking in the events we recently experienced: Hakudoshi, Inuyasha's new techniques...

Kazuko's death and Kikyo's...

Everything went so fast...

In a few minutes I'm going back to my world, however, I don't feel in the mood of going. A lot happened and I feel bad leaving just like that, but it was something important, well for Kagome...

Taking the admission test for the first year of high school. I'm sick of these tests, but what can I do? It's the world I was born and live in... but I also feel like the feudal era is my home. I feel free and going back only upsets me thinking my fate is to live there forever.

We returned to our world. The house was empty. We couldn't find aunt, Sota or grandpa. I left my backpack and the sword next to my bed. Kagome came to the room and knocked.

"Mom and the others went to the hot springs"

So lucky, I want to go too.

"Natsuki..." Kagome called me.

I looked at her and sighed. I knew this was going to happen, after all, we haven't talked a lot since Kazuko died.

She sat next to me. "Listen, about Inuyasha, I-"

I cut her off. I didn't want to hear it, it was too much to deal with right now.

"I know Kagome, you feel something for him but..."

"He loves Kazuko..." she finished.

I looked at her confused. "He does?" I asked, she nodded. "Didn't you noticed the times he was willing to save you both? Of course he loves her!!" she said. I could sense some hurt in her words, I'm sorry Kagome.

"I'm sorry Natsuki..." she said. "But I can't forget this love for him! He won my heart and I can't do anything about it than just make him understand that Kazuko is not alive anymore" she said.

What? How could she say that?!?!

"Kagome what-?!" I tried to say something back, but her eyes were full of pain and tears appeared.

She walked away from the room leaving me speechless. I never seen that part of her before, those eyes... full of pain...

I decided to shake it off and start studying for the test, but I was hungry and since my aunt wasn't there, I had to cook by myself. When I finished cooking the meal, I sat on the table and ate. Then went back upstairs and started studying, what a way to enjoy the modern world.

I opened my eyes when I felt something heavy in my back. Oh god I fell asleep...

I turned around and saw Inuyasha staring at me "How are you Natsuki?" he asked.

"I'm fine... what are you doing here, Inuyasha?" I asked him.

"I wanted to see how were you after... everything that happened..."

His eyes landed on the sword next to him, I looked at it and smiled.

"You mean about Kazuko? It hurts... but I'm fine now that her soul is resting in peace" I said.

Inuyasha continued with that guilty look, he's still blaming himself for her death...

"Take it..." I said to him.

"What?"

"Take the sword, at least you should keep something from her, besides, it would be weird for me having a sword around the house"Inuyasha chuckled.