Towards Tomorrow

Three years later...

Kazuko's POV

Sango and Miroku finally fulfilled their promise of getting married. They had twin girls and recently a newborn baby boy.

Basically everything was normal after the long battle with Naraku, except...

I spent most of my time in my own mind, of course I was now with Inuyasha, but I was missing someone important.

After the battle, Miroku told me the well was gone for three days. But then a light appeared showing the well, with Inuyasha, Sesshomaru and I getting out... only the three of us...

"They are... safe in their home..." that's what I said before I left.

Kagome and Natsuki had to go back to their world because their family were worried. We couldn't just bring them with us. It was an unexpected ending. It could t even say goodbye to Natsuki properly...

Oh I almost forgot!

Everybody asked me how I was alive again, and well I told them I found myself between the living world and the underworld. I was ready to accept my death until I heard voices.

*Flashback*

"You have to go back" one voice said.

"They need you" another said.

Who? Who needs me? From who are these voices?

I slowly opened my eyes and two figures of light appeared in front of me. The light was disappearing showing two people I never expected to see in my living life...

On the left, there he was...

"Grandfather..." I whispered.

I haven't seen him since I was a girl. I was really shocked to see him now.

I turned to the right, facing a woman.

"Midoriko..." I whispered her name.

"You have to go back, your time isn't over yet" grandpa said.

"But how? I'm dead! It's impossible to go back!"

"No it's not..." Midoriko said. "You are an important person for us... you are my reincarnation..."

"And you are my granddaughter..." my grandpa placed his hand on my shoulder. Midoriko did the same thing.

I felt how my body absorbed both of their energies. I felt warmth, and soon light covered me and everything turned blank.

*End of Flashback*

Midoriko and my grandfather gave me the energy and the power to come back. Grandpa gave me more abilities of my demon blood, and Midoriko gave me the rest of her to balance my spiritual power.

Natsuki's POV

Today was my graduation from high school.I finally finished struggling years of homework and tests, maybe my parents will make me go to some kind of college... but... is that... really the fate I should have?

It was a nice day celebrating with my cousin and our friends, but my mind was still stuck in the memory of three years ago...

Three days after the well was gone, a light appeared, the well was back in our world.  Inuyasha, Kazuko, Kagome, an even Sesshomaru were all transported there. Kagome went to hug my aunt, and I hugged Sota and grandpa. I turned around to thank our friends for bringing us back, but...

Kazuko, Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were disappearing in the process, and after that day, the well kept closed forever...

I haven't seen Kazuko since then...