A Romance From The Past Part 2

Kazuko's POV

I woke up with a great pain in my head. I couldn't remember a lot about what happened, my head was spinning around so it was hard to figure out where I was.

"Ahh seems she woke up" a voice said, my vision was still blurry and when it was clear, Jakotsu was on my left covering half of the sunlight, on the right side was Suikotsu with the same face. I quickly got up and backed away but accidentally I was going to fall because we were over Ginkotsu, a hand prevented it...

"You should look where are you going" the same guy and leader of the seven warriors said to me. I didn't said anything and stayed quiet. "Look brother you just saved her and she's already being a rebel, why did you brought her anyways?" Jakotsu crossed his arms annoyed. "Shut up Jakotsu, it's my business not yours" he turned to him giving a glare and then to me. "You should sit, you need to rest until we arrive to where they are telling us to go" he said. There was no option for me, I couldn't escape, he was too strong... literally, he was still holding my arm. "You can let go now" I said, he looked at him arm still holding mine and let go quickly. I quietly sat and never mentioned anything.

After some time doing nothing, Bankotsu sat next to me, he seemed nervous and I didn't understand why but si just wanted to end all of this and leave. "Umm.. Kazuko yo-" he tried to say by I interrupted him. "Why did you kidnapped me?" I asked. He seemed now disappointed. "Kazuko, you truly don't remember me?" he asked again. "Should I?" I made an eyebrow.

"Seems like people can forget fifty years" he joked. "What should I remember?" I asked. "Fifty years ago, you and I met when I allied with my brothers and you were just a beginner in your priestess learning..." I looked at him confused.

*Flashback*

Normal POV

"Damn it, those demons attacked me as a suprise" Bankotsu said shaking the dirt of his clothes while walking in the forest. "And worse becuase they cause me this" he looked at his bleeding arm, he tried to bandage it with part of his clothes but it hurt him. "You need help?" someone asked. Bankotsu showed his sword and pointed to the one that offered help. It was a young girl with the hair in a low ponytail wearing a white and red kimono.

 It was a young girl with the hair in a low ponytail wearing a white and red kimono

"I don't need any help from you" he said. "Oh really? Well I don't see your arm already bandaged, that makes me believe you don't know what to do" she grinned. "I do know and I'll prove you!" he tried but it was too hard, he gave up. Kazuko chuckled. "Give me your arm" she hold his arm and took some water out of her small bag.

"It's probably gonna hurt a little" she said, Bankotsu chuckled. "Prove me". Kazuko let the water fall on his arm. "Oww!!" he yelled. "You said it" she smiled.

Bankotsu stared at her while she was bandaging the arm. "Who are you?" she asked. "I'm Bankotsu, from the seven warriors" he introduced smiling victoriously. Kazuko let out a small chuckle. "Well, Bankotsu from the seven warriors, my name is Kazuko" she said. Bankotsu looked at her clothes once again. "Are you a priestess?" he asked, Kazuko nodded. "I'm still learning". "I never seen a demon that worked as a priestess" he said. "Half demon, and I'm not like the others so I'm asking to please not compare with them".

After bandaging his arm, Bankotsu didn't knew why but he wanted to spend a little more time with her. "So you are saying that all your life, even if you were part human, people and demons never considered you part of the family?" he asked, she nodded. "None of the species we born accept us" Bankotsu looked at her. "Us?". "There's has to be more people like me somewhere" she answered. "Ah" he now looked at the front.

They spent all day talking and when it was already dark, Bankotsu told her that they should meet again, Kazuko didn't mind so she accepted. Next day, they did the same thing, Kazuko laughed sometimes for his jokes, and that caused him to feel more nervous around her, he never felt like that before. "I'm super strong you know?" he said showing his muscled arm. "Oh really? I bet you are not" she responded, Bankotsu made an eyebrow while chuckling. "You want to bet?!" Kazuko thought and nodded. "Ok, then I bet I can kill 1000 creatures and when I succeed, you will say I'm the most powerful man you have seen!!" he said. "That's ridiculous because it's not going to happen!!". "You'll see!!".

Bankotsu's POV

I was heading back with my brothers with the goal of killing 1000 creatures. If I succeed, there's a chance he could get an interest in me!. 

A few days later, I went to the same place I met Kazuko but she didn't appeared, I waited until for a lot of time and there was no sight of her. I decided to go with my brothers when I heard some villagers talk. "Seems like Miss Kikyo and her apprentice left" one said. "Too bad I was feeling really safe with them around the village" the other said. So she's gone... there was no time to even say good bye?...

Time passed and I couldn't get Kazuko out of my head. I missed her... I missed her a lot...

I needed to see her...

I told my brothers I was going to do some stuff by myself and in my way, I heard more rumors about the half demon apprentice. "How unfortunate, that powerful priestess named Kikyo dies so young because of her apprentice" I stopped. "Yeah, I heard the apprentice betrayed her to get the Shikon Jewel for herself". "Well I heard she was working with another half demon!". "But what is most important is that she's gone! No one know where did she go, it's like if she disappeared"

She disappeared? That can't be true...

*End of Flashback*

Normal POV

"Since that day, I promised myself to find you and prove by myself if the rumors were real..." Bankotsu said crossing his fingers while looking at the ground. "R-Really? That really happened?" Kazuko looked at him shocked. "Was it true, Kazuko?" he looked at her. "I did stole the pearl but I never betrayed her" she said. "What about the other half demon?" Kazuko stayed silent. "Yes we worked together".

Bankotsu hold her hands. "Where were you, Kazuko? I been looking for you so many years until I got killed". "I had to survive, you wouldn't believe me if I told you where I was" Bankotsu frowned, and hold her hands more tightly. "What matters know is that you came back to me". "Eh?" Kazuko said in confusion. "Kazuko, long time ago I wanted to tell you what I feel for you...". "What?".

"I love you..."

They decided to take a break in an abandoned house. The warriors were outside and Kazuko was inside, she was too busy thinking in the confession of the leader to even think in escaping the hell out of there!. "In love for fifty years?" Kazuko thought. The door was opened by Bankotsu with a change of clothes. "Here change, your clothes are dirty" he threw the clothes on her lap and closed the door. Kazuko grabbed the clothes and blushed. "What's wrong, Kazuko?" Natsuki appeared next to her.

"What's wrong?!! HE JUST GAVE ME A FREAKING WEDDING DRESS!!!!" she yelled with all her cheeks flustered from embarrassment.