1521-1530

AST 1521 - Moonlight City, The Complexity of Women

They used Qing Shui's Nine Continents Steps to travel. Qing Shui looked over at Qin Qing when he had reached his limit of Nine Continents Steps for that day. "We can either carry on with our journey or do something else. This way we won't delay our cultivation training. I'll leave it up to you. I'm fine with either!"

Qin Qing didn't specify her status within Great Qin Dynasty, but with her surname, she was likely a member of the royal family. Considering her might, he wondered how high ranking she was in the Great Qin Dynasty. Regardless, with her current level of strength, she would be one of the strongest wherever she went.

Qing Shui didn't know if Qin Qing was at the level of a Peak False God, but he did know that in comparison with the ancestor from Hua Clan, she was in no way inferior.

"We are not in a hurry anyway. Let's just get on with our journey like this." After a while, Qin Qing responded with a smile.

Qing Shui nodded. "Alright, we'll go with your decision."

Qin Qing smiled but her eyes seemed to reflect a hint of displeasure. Qing Shui brushed it off as a figment of his imagination. Looking around, he saw that they had landed in a small city. After asking around, he found out that this was a city that belonged to the Dormant Moon Dynasty.

Moonlight City!

It was a small, backward town in a remote area. If it had not been for the Nine Continents Steps which happened to land them here, he presumed that he would never have stepped into this place throughout his entire life.

"Sister Qin, let's rest here for the night and continue our journey tomorrow!" Qing Shui smiled as he took in his surroundings.

"Mmh!" Qin Qing hummed softly in agreement.

It seemed to Qing Shui that the town was similar to Hundred Miles City, and even the streets that they walked along were alike. Where there were cities in the Main Continent, there would be crowds of people. There was no lack of humans within the Main Continent.

Moonlight City was next to Moonlight Mountain. It was a good environment; the air felt great, and even the arrangement was optimal according to Feng Shui. It was a pity that its location was so isolated and backward.

(T/N: Feng Shui literally translates as "wind-water" and is an ancient Chinese practice of harnessing the natural forces of nature to promote prosperity, harmony, vitality and constructive changes in our lives.)

Qing Shui felt a stirring of emotions as he looked around; there would always be poor within the richest cities, and vice versa. There were many common folk in this world and in comparison to the other Continents, the Haohan Continent was exceptionally powerful. While it seemed a lot stronger, the level of strength would eventually level out if everyone—weak and strong—was taken into consideration.

Like a couple, the two of them walked side by side.

"Uncle! Why don't buy a flower for your wife?"

(T/N: Uncle, in this case, is used loosely and casually to address anyone significantly older than you.)

It was only when a young voice reached them that Qing Shui and Qin Qing discovered the young girl. They didn't know when she had started walking alongside them. She was about seven or eight years old and scrawny in physique, wearing ordinary clothes that were very clean. The most prominent feature on her face were those bright, big eyes that seemed to hold a kind of ignorance yet determination towards the world.