1061-1070

AST 1061 - The Ancient Ruins at Dragon Spine Mountain, Bodhi Tree?

In the end, Lin Zhanhan stayed behind at Yiye Tian's house. Previously, Qing Shui had already decided that he would not bring Lin Zhanhan into the Ancient Ruins, even if they were in a group. He had actually planned for the man to just wait at the Ancient Ruins for them. Now however, the best decision was to let Lin Zhanhan stay here for the time being. They would come back for him when they head for Lion King's Ridge. Most likely, Yiye Tian would also join them then.

Qing Shui and the others continued on their journey. To travel faster, they used the Nine Continents Steps Effect. The Ancient Ruins was at the northwestern edge of the Continent. As it was not the extreme northern tip, the weather was cold but not as extreme.

The Lion King's Ridge was at the northern tip of the Continent, more to the east.

The Ancient Ruins was located in a very desolate place. As they got closer, the weather became harsher and the place looked bleaker. Snow covered everything and the chilly wind was as sharp as blades. The blizzard was constant and there were even some rumbling avalanches. All they could see was a vast land of white snow. Every now and then, there would be a powerful wild beast that would appear. Occasionally they would spot one or two plants buried in snow.

The fourth time they landed using the Nine Continents Steps Effect, they reached a place where a normal person would freeze to death within two hours. The snowy ground also posed great danger.

The snow on the ground was as thick as a man's height in many areas. If one wasn't at least a Martial Saint, it would be difficult to survive in this place. Qing Shui looked around him and stomped on the ground, clearing a large area of snow. Next, he set up a Spirit Sealing Formation. This could block the wind, falling snow, and everything that could move. He and his companions then set up their tents within the formation.

"The Ancient Ruins is in a place with such a harsh environment. I wonder how many people will brave this sort of weather to get there. I am sure not anyone would actually go there." Di Qing commented as she sat beside Qing Shui.

"The Ancient Ruins is in a remote place, even though everyone knows that it is within Dragon Spine Mountain. I am sure only a few people can find this place and go back home safely. Such conditions are really a big deterrence," Qing Shui said as he looked at the howling blizzard just outside his formation..

They were in a very huge place. After using his Spirit Sealing Formation, he might be able to practice using his other techniques. Qing Shui excused himself and went out to explore the surroundings.

Qing Shui walked in mid-ar using his Nine Palace Steps. He had time, so he walked around and observed the place. As he shuffled along, he realized that many Demonic Beasts lived here, most of which were white, just like the surrounding snow. There were Snow Beasts, Snow Hawks, and Snow Wolves, among other Demonic Beasts.

Arctic Hares...

QIng Shui knew that Arctic Hares were delicious, but they looked different from the pictures he had seen. For a few seconds, he even hesitated, somewhat unwilling to harm them. In the end, he still caught and brought a few of them back.

"Should we have these for dinner tonight?" Qing Shui placed five Arctic Hares, all about a foot long, on the ground.

"Ahh! No!" Hai Dongqing exclaimed instinctively and quickly went to carry one of them. The Arctic Hares were white as snow and their fur was smooth. Even though their bodies radiated heat and were warm to touch, that body heat was insufficient to melt the snow. Their two pale red eyes were exceptionally cute.