391-400

AST 391 - The third Portrait of Beauties, she is the woman in the drawing

"If I want to attack the Yan Clan, will Brother Lai help me?"

Qing Shui's words surprised Lai Chusong. He looked at Qing Shui with a serious face, and found himself speechless. Finally, he shook his head with a difficult smile.

"It isn't that I don't wish to help, it's just if you really want to attack the Yan Clan, I don't have that sort of ability to help."

Qing Shui responded unexpectedly with a smile. As he looked back at Lai Chusong, he replied amiably, " I was just kidding. But I really liked your response."

After he sent Lai Chusong off, Qing Shui returned to the courtyard where his family was. When he entered, he found that there was a commotion in hall. They stopped once Qing Shui returned.

" We'll be staying here temporarily!"

" I want to meet Qingqing. Qing Shui can I meet Qingqing?" Tears rolled down Qing Yi's face uncontrollably as she finished her sentence.

Qing Shui was stunned. He peered over at Qing Luo, then Canghai Mingyue and lastly at Huoyun Liu-Li.

"I'd say. Now that things have reached this point, shouldn't you inform your mother about this." Huoyun Liu-Li said this to Qing Shui's face.

Qing Shui sighed lightly.

"Mother, I didn't meant to hide this from you. We have endured so much over these years. I am just afraid that you will suffer more."

"I know. I know. I just want to see her. I won't do anything. I can't do anything. I will just look at her.." At this moment, Qing Yi was just a mother. Just a mother who wanted to see her child she had not met for 20 years.

Qing Shui could not refuse the earnestness and expectations in those eyes. He too greatly missed that obstinate silhouette of that girl who held on unyieldingly to her convictions.

"We can't introduce ourselves yet. We will just go and see her. However, we can't tell her that we're family yet. Also, you mustn't let her see you, Mother. She resembles you too much." Qing Shui said bitterly. He could really understand Qing Yi's feelings so he could not bear to refuse her.

After she heared what Qing Shui said, Huoyun Liu-Li nodded, " That's right. She really looks like you!"

Qing Yi nodded her head emotionally. Some moments before, due to the slip of her tongue, Huoyun Liu-Li accidently revealed to Qing Yi that her daughter was forced by the Yan Clan to sell tea in the streets and was even bullied by some people. It was so heart-wrenching that Qing Yi just wanted to bring her daughter home immediately.

She insisted on seeing her daughter. Qing Shui's grandfather, Qing Luo had to step in to explain the various concerns and events, and he also consoled Qing Yi as he told her not to trouble Qing Shui further.

Now, Qing Yi knew that her son's constant travels and brushes with death was all for his mother and their Qingqing who was suffering in Yan City.

She felt assured and touched. Even though she knew that her son had suffered these few years. It pained her even more to know that her son, who was well-regarded in Hundred Miles City had such a challenging time outside as he embarked on his journey to become stronger, and had even tempted Death on many occasions.

"Qing Shui..."

Qing Yi looked at Qing Shui with eyes which bespoke gratitude, and confidence and happiness towards Qing Shui. While the ladies beside her - Canghai Mingyue, Huoyun Lui-Li and Shi Qingzhuang glanced at Qing Shui quietly with indescribable emotions.