451-460

AST 451 - Fei Wuji, Meeting with the Old Ancestor of Heavenly Palace

Qing Shui quickly stood up and excused himself before leaving with Fei Wuji. Cang Wuya fell into deep thought as he watched Qing Shui leave.

"Grandpa, is the Old Ancestor of the Heavenly Palace very powerful?" Huoyun Liu-Li asked slowly and hesitantly. She stammered her question out haltingly.

"Little Lass, it is just a question. Why are you so cautious? Just relax. If you have any questions, you can ask me. At most, I won't be able to give you a reply. You don't have to hold yourself back." Cang Wuya smiled kindly.

"Yes, grandpa is the best. So, is the Old Ancestor very powerful?" Huoyun Liu-Li asked jovially.

"Of course. The Old Ancestor is a very powerful man. He heads the Heavenly Palace's Elder Association we belong to. He is one of the most powerful people in the Greencloud Continent. He was already a Peak Martial King three hundred years ago. Right now, it is impossible to know what his actual prowess is. He could have even already reached the Martial Saint Level, but no one can verify that." Cang Wuya said slowly. It seemed that it was not any sort of big secret.

"Grandpa, you mentioned that he was one of the most powerful people. Are there others who are as powerful?" Huoyun Liu-Li continued asking. All the other martial warriors were also interested in the answer.

"There is another in Sword Tower, but both of our sects don't really share that sort of information. There must be one in Hai Clan, Demonic Beast Clan and also Alchemist clan."

"That many?" Huoyun Liu-Li exclaimed.

"Many? That's not a lot. Greencloud continent is large. In the population of about a trillion, there are only these few exceptionally strong martial arts practitioners. Heavenly Palace and Sword Tower are large sects that have existed for more than ten thousand years. Even Demonic Beast Sect, Alchemy Sect, Qin Family and Hai Family have legacies from a few thousand years back. It would not be surprising if there were Martial Saints in those factions, even if we have no way to confirm it."

"Do you know why that Old Ancestor called Qing Shui over?" This was the actual question that Huoyun Liu-Li wanted to ask.

"I don't know too. But don't worry, it should be a positive thing." Cang Wuya laughed.

" Grandpa, if the Old Ancestor was already a Peak Martial King three hundred years ago. Then, would that mean that the Old Ancestor is about 400 years old now?" Canghai Mingyue asked in amazement.

"400 hundred years? Hahahaha, he shouldn't be younger than 500 hundred years old." Cang Wuji replied with a smile.

"500 years old? So when he reached the Peak Grade of Martial King level, he was already 200 years old. That is not considered early!" Huoyun Liu-Li commented while engrossed in thought.

In the central continent, becoming a Peak Martial King at 200 years old was already considered quite good. One could be considered a genius if they could reach that level at 100 years old. People like Qing Shui and Hai Long were considered absolute geniuses. In the world of the Nine Continent, most of these people were demon-level characters.

Even though Tan Yang was a Grade 10 Martial King warrior, he would still need at least 20 years to reach the strength of a Peak Martial King. He would be over 50 by then and would still be considered a super genius if he became a Peak Martial King by then. Even in as large a sect as the Sword Tower, there were rarely more than three people like Tan Yang. Unfortunately, Qing Shui and Hai Long's talents far exceed his.