8. Masquerade Party

Start from the beginning

"How is he using Tinder?" Lia rather asks, her brows knitted into a frown. "You mentioned this in the first chapter of the book?"

I nod guiltily. "I wrote that he uses this app in order to sleep around like every Wattpad bad boy."

In reality, that night when I went to his house, it was his first night alive. That means, I was the first chick who got in his bed, the first he would have had intimacy with. I gulp at that thought.

Lia smacks her forehead and sighs desperately. "He is confusing you with his Tinder date. I think you should play along so that he doesn't question your real identity."

I point out a finger. "This is not going to happen as I will make sure that I never meet him again." I retort confidently.

"Just in case." Lia shrugs. "And what about Thomas? You didn't tell him about Erden?" She enquires concertedly, giving me a piteous smile.

"Do you think he will believe me?" I laugh faintly. "No one will."

"You are the only one who believes in me." I confess with sheep eyes. Lia fleetly jumps on me for a hug. The unexpected weight makes my body sway a bit, but I immediately hug her tightly as I catch up my balance. I love this girl. Our clasp lasted only for a few seconds as she quickly pulls out of the hug.

"Well, since today you won't be stuck on your bed while writing," Lia trails off and rolls her eyes. "I propose that you have some fun with your best friend!" She bursts out excitedly, jumping up and down like a child.

"Lia, I'm not wel—"

"Nah, nah, nah." Her head rapidly flits from left to right. "We are going out especially for you to forget all these."

"Where are we going?" I demand, confused.

Her face lights up with a large smile. "To a masquerade party!"

8 p.m.

Multicolour laser beams spin around the commodious hall, illuminating the jam-packed bungalow of Lia's cousin and Thomas's friend, Roy Panton. He is literally a brat of our college. Since his parents are abroad, high jinks time. But he gets along well with me since I'm Lia's other half and Thomas's girlfriend.

The party's specialty is that all the guests are wearing a half mask which covers the counters of the eyes, with the lower part of the face unmasked. I have selected a lace white mask, to match my one shoulder ruched-slit dress.

The party is already at full blast. Ear-piercing songs booming around make it hard to hear the constant talks of Lia about her crush William, Roy's bestfriend. The particular reason why she was so eager for this party. It is even harder to hear her when I'm not giving her my attention. My eyes are stuck to the entrance door, to discern if Thomas has arrived.

Either he is too busy to come because he is watching football, or too busy playing football. Patience Hazel.

I still have my eyes on the door, hoping that Thomas will pass through it. But my inspection is soon interrupted when Lia snaps her fingers in front of my face. "Hey, are you listening to me?"

"Uh, I'm sorry." I apologise, tapping my fingers on the glass. "I'm just looking for Thomas."

Lia rolls her eyes. "Stop sticking on his ass. He must be coming," she jeers after englutting her glass of whiskey. Next, she gets down from the stool to join the other elbow-to-elbow dancers who are jumping and shaking on the lubricated dance floor.

And I'm left alone.

That's why I never attend a party. I always end up alone. Everyone is paste tighten to drunken strangers and this is the last thing I wanna do. I know how to stay clean. I keep on sipping my glass of Fanta passion to avoid the gaze of intoxicated players seeking for new preys. The last thing I want tonight is to get noticed.