Chapter 49

Jughead's P.O.V.

i woke up and felt betty as close to me as she could possibly get, she was practically on top of me. i chuckled lightly and rubbed her back with my arm that was underneath her. she picked her head up and looked at me, scaring me a little because i thought she was asleep.
"hey, you." i greeted.
"hey." she replied.
"how are you feeling?" i asked.
"i've been better." she responded.
she picked up her arm and looked at the massive amounts of bandages they put on her wrist.
"can i take it off?" she asked.
"sure, but you might want to put some back on after you shower." i replied.
she nodded and started taking it off, but was clearly struggling.
"here, let me help." i told her as i started taking it off for her.
once i got it off her first wrist, i gasped at how deep the cuts where, but trying not to freak her out.
"oh my god, it's so bad." she said putting her other hand over her face.
"it's okay." i tried reassuring her, even though we both knew they were awful.
i looked over at her and saw a few tears running down her face.
"hey, hey, hey, it's okay, baby. don't cry." i told her wiping her tears away.
we both sat up and i brought you into my arms hugging her tightly.
"it's okay, baby, i've got you." i said as i lightly rocked her in my arms.
once she calmed down, she was sitting at the island and i was making breakfast. i sat a plate of pancakes in front of her as i stood at the other side eating mine. she picked up her fork, but just moved the pancakes around on her plate.
"honey, you've got got to eat." i told her.
"i'm not hungry." she replied looking up from her pancakes at me.
"what was the last thing you ate?" i asked concerned.
"a banana yesterday morning." she responded.
i was about to say something, but my phone starting ringing. i put it on speaker once i saw it was veronica.
"hey, ronnie." i greeted into the phone.
"is betty okay?" she asked.
"i'm fine, v." betty answered.
"oh my god, thank goodness you're okay." she said.
betty took my phone and ended the call, not saying anything.
"everything okay?" i asked.
"no more lies, so in all honesty, not really." she replied looking back down at her plate.
"what is it?" i questioned.
"everyone is going to be giving me hugs, saying how sorry they are, and saying they are glad i'm okay and i hate it." she responded looking up. "then they'll ask if i'm okay, i have to say 'i'm great, thanks for asking' and i never mean it, but i can't say 'no, i'm really not okay'."
"why aren't you okay?" i asked.
"because i just tried to fucking end my life!" she yelled. "for the like, the third time, jughead!"
"okay, i—." i started.
"nobody is letting me let go! i thought i had a choice and i didn't know what i wanted, but then the fucking universe wouldn't let me go!" she interrupted.
"betty, i thought we had the conversation yesterday about why no one wants you to go." i told her.
"say i did die, okay. you, v, archie, my mom, and your dad are the only ones who would care! and literally, you all would get over it, so why can't it just stop?!" she replied.
i would get over it?
she thinks i would get over it?
"sure, maybe your mom and my dad would get over it after sometime, ronnie and archie would always miss you, but i think you're missing the point, betty. i would never get over it." i told her. "what did i tell you yesterday that i never do?"
"you said you cried like a little bitch." she responded quietly.
"and if there's one person in your life that cares enough, for you being me, then maybe you'll realize there is things worth living for, and if not things maybe someone." i said. "the last time i actually cried was when i was ten and my mom left with jb."
the twins started crying, so i went into their room and picked up xavier. betty came in a little later and picked up skye. we both stood there holding the babies, not saying anything.
"i hope you get what i'm trying to say." i said in a much calmer manner.
"i do." she replied.
i went over and hugged her as we still were holding the twins. i kissed the top of her head before i laid xavier back down.
later we were sitting on the couch waiting a movie and she was curled up next to me as close as she could get.
the credits starting rolling and she looked up at me.
"i love you so much." she said.
"i love you so much more." i replied making her giggle gently.
she put her hand on my cheek and i put mine in her hair pulling her closer, until our lips collided. the kiss became more and more passionate, it was fast, but still soft and sweet and full of love. i moved her over onto my lap, not breaking the kiss. she backed away getting air, that was clearly needed.
"i'm starting to be glad i didn't die." she said.
"i'm glad you didn't." i replied.
she brought her lips back to mine and we continued kissing passionately. i started kissing down her neck gently, trying not to bring flashbacks from her dad. i heard her sigh gently, but didn't say anything, i just lightly smiled against her neck. she moved her body closer to mine and moved her hips around on top of me.
"fuck." i said quietly moving down to her collarbone.
"d—do you want to go t—to the bed—bedroom?" she asked out of breath.
i nodded against her neck and she got up. she ran into the bedroom and i chased after her. we ended up not getting much sleep that night. so i guess after all this time, we both figured it out. it definitely wasn't lust, it was clearly love.

(AN: the next update will not be a chapter, but please read it!)