Chapter 1

Betty's P.O.V.

veronica and i were talking before i had to go to work because she wanted me to go on a double date with archie's friend.
"it'll be fun." she told me.
"last time you made me go on a double date, you and archie went to a different restaurant and said you got the wrong location and i don't know anything about him, so no." i responded.
"he's a writer, is a serpent, and is pretty cute. he's badass you guys would get along." she replied.
"i'll think about it." i agreed. "i have to get ready for work, see you later."
i went to my bedroom and got changed in a black crop top tank top with flowers on it, black ripped skinny jeans, a black leather jacket, and some black high top converse.
once i got to the bar i worked at, i took of my leather jacket and hung it up, i then walked behind the bar and clocked in. a bunch of serpents walked in, which was weird because usually they hang out at their own bar. a few came and sat at the bar while others scattered around the bar, there was a boy with black hair and a crown like beanie, another that was a boy with black hair, and a girl that had brown hair with pink highlights.
"can i get you guys something to drink?" i asked them.
they all told me their orders and i started pouring them until the one with black hair, but no beanie said something.
0you're awfully cute to be working at this bar." he smiled.
"whatever, i thought you guys hung at your own bar." i responded.
"it got shut down." the one with a beanie said as i put their drinks in front of them.
"oh, so you guys came here to mess around? great." i replied.
"no, so we can get drinks and look at pretty girls." he said, looking me up and down.
"not interested." i told him as i walked around the other side of the bar to get someone's cups.
i could hear them whispering about something behind me, but i ignored them. when i got back over to the side they were on, i was filling up some cups for other customers.
"i'm sweet pea, by the way." the one with black hair said.
"i don't remember asking." i responded, walking away with the drinks for the other customers and heard him whistle as i walked off.
"fuck off." i said.
when i came back over there, sweet pea and the girl with pink highlights went somewhere else, leaving me and the boy with a beanie.
"sorry about sweet pea." he told me.
"it's fine, i'm used to it." i responded.
"i'm jughead, by the way and i know you didn't ask." he replied.
"betty." i said, walking away with two drinks to the other side. "so you're a serpent?" i asked as i came back.
"yeah, son of the leader." he responded.
"cool." i replied, going to the other side to give them beers.
i pulled out my book from under the counter and starting reading it on the bar table.
"what are you reading?" jughead asked.
"damn, don't you know to not talk to someone when they are reading?" i asked, closing it and putting it back.
"sorry. i can stop talking." he responded.
"it's fine. romeo and juliet." i told him, answering his question form before.
"oh wow. i expected you to be reading like, anything but that." he laughed.
"well, i like romance and love stories since i've got none in my life." i explained.
"really, you have no romance in your life?" he asked.
"nope." i replied.
"i find that hard to believe." he told me.
"well, believe it. do you read?" i responded.
"sometimes, but i prefer writing." he said, making me laugh a little.
"a serpent who writes? bullshit." i told him.
"bulltrue. why, do you?" he replied.
"yeah, looks like we have a lot in common." i said.
i got a call from veronica and picked it up.
"i'm at work, so this better be important, v." i told her.
"just wondering if you made up your mind about the double date." she replied.
"are you kidding me? this couldn't have waited until i got home?" i asked.
"sorry, but did you make up your mind?" she questioned again.
"fine, i'll go, but i swear if you guys leave i'm going to kill you and leave his dumb ass. bye." i said as i hung up.
i let out a deep breath and put my phone back in my back pocket.
"you okay?" jughead asked.
"i'm fine, just my friend making me go out tomorrow." i replied.
"sweetheart, come here!" someone yelled waving me over.
i walked over to the man and he was with a bunch of other serpents, they thought it would be hilarious to make me get them a bunch of beers, but without hesitation i went back and carried all ten beers out at the same time. when i sat them down they all clapped and whistled as i did a slight bow. when i was walking away, one of them grabbed my butt, so i quickly turned around and grabbed his hand as i squeezed his wrist really tight.
"don't fuck with me, you little bitch." i said in his face and let go of his hand making him wince in pain.
when i walked back over to the bar there was a lot of guys looking at me including jughead.
"what?" i asked him.
"nothing, i'm just surprised 'cause not many people stand up to serpents." he replied.
"yeah, well dicks like him need to be put in their place." i told him as i crouched down to get a towel from under the bar.
a few hours later, my shift was over and i put on my leather jacket and walked out to my car. once i got back to veronica and i's house, we ate dinner and chatted about everything.

Jughead's P.O.V.

archie and i were at our house eating dinner as he talked about some shit i wasn't completely listening to.
"you should go on a double date with veronica and i tomorrow." he told me.
"i know nothing about this girl, so i think i'll pass." i replied.
"come on, she's one of my best friends, she's pretty bad ass, and she's hot. just don't mess with her because she will put you in your place." he responded.
"fine, i'll go, but if i don't like her or you and veronica leave, i'm leaving." i said.
after we finished eating, we both went to bed and i was thinking about the girl i was going to meet tomorrow.

 ✔️| 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓 | 𝗯𝘂𝗴𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें