Chapter 33

Betty's P.O.V. Jughead's Birthday

i was in the whyte wyrm finishing up decorating for jughead's party. i saw him walk in and quickly rushed down the stairs and pulled him back outside.
"woah, what was that about?" he asked.
"i just wanted to say happy birthday." i replied.
"thank you, we should go in the bar now." he said as he started to walk around me.
i quickly went in front of him, preventing him from going inside.
"i just remembered, i forgot my phone at my house. do you mind getting it? i need to help toni, you know how busy it gets." i lied nervously.
"um, sure." he laughed.
"thank you." i replied before kissing his cheek.
he got back on his motorcycle and rode away as i ran inside. i finished getting everything ready and everyone was quietly sitting down waiting for jughead. i stood at the door with his present waiting for him to come back.
a few minutes later, he came through the door and laughed slightly.
"your phone wasn't there." he said. "and you have your phone with you, don't you?" he added realizing everyone behind me.
"happy birthday, juggie." i replied.
"this is why you left dinner so early the other day." he said nodding his head slightly.
"yeah, sorry for lying." i giggled. "also, here's your present."
i handed him the gift box and he opened it. he picked the book up out of the box and looked at it confused.
"flip through it." i told him.
he flipped to the first page and took out a piece of paper that read "since you introduced me to your favorite book, here's mine. xx betty" he smiled at it and continued flipping. in some of the pages, i stuck pictures of us from our dates in them. when he got to the last page, he looked at me shocked. stuck between the last pages were three tickets to toledo, where jellybean and his mom live, with his moms number and address. he pulled me into a hug and kissed me passionately once he let go.
"now, you've got a stage to get to because we're looking for a new king." i told him.
"yeah, but they're also looking for a queen." he replied grabbing ahold of my hand.
fp and jughead went up on the stage and i stood near the steps.
"alright, alright, calm down everyone." fp started. "i've been serpent king for as long as i can remember, but it is my time to step down."
everyone clapped and shouted as fp looked over at me and smiled.
"my son, jughead, will be taking over the serpents and i'll be retiring. so please welcome your new serpent king!" he said.
everyone cheered again and toni brought a black bag to fp. he opened the bag and whispered something to jughead, i was confused at this part because i didn't know what was in the bag. jughead pulled a white serpent jacket and motioned for me to come up on stage. i walked up there reluctantly and stood next to jughead.
"i think you know what to do." fp told him.
jughead made me turn around and he put the jacket on me as everyone cheered.
"remember when you were telling me how cool a white serpent jacket would be." he said.
"oh my god, i didn't think you'd actually get it." i replied giving him a hug.
"welcome his serpent queen, betty cooper!" fp yelled making everyone cheer louder.
we all heard a big pound on the door and someone that i've never seen before came in.
"remember me? malachi, leader of the ghoolies. i heard you were having a party." he said.
oh no, he just made a bad mistake. i was not going to let him ruin jughead's party. thankfully, i didn't know him, so i wasn't scared. i got off the stage and walked over to him.
"betty, don't." jughead told me.
i ignored him and got closer to malachi.
"look, i don't know who the hell you are or who you think you are. but i am not going to let you ruin my boyfriends party." i said.
"what's a little pretty north sider gonna do about it?" he asked.
i laughed a little in his face.
"do not call me pretty and i will not repeat myself, so get the hell out of this bar." i said getting closer to him. "and what are you gonna do about it? are you gonna hit me? i'd like to see you try."
"betty, stop." jughead told me coming over to me.
"oh, i'm just getting started, jughead." i replied. "i'm waiting for an answer, malachi."
i took another step closer and everyone around looked scared. he turned around and ran out of the bar. i turned back around to see everyone looking shocked.
"who was he, anyways?" i asked.
"the leader of the ghoolies and you just made a big mistake messing with them. they're going to want your head on a stake!" jughead replied.
"oh. well, he's gone, so can we please just enjoy your party?" i asked.

Jughead's P.O.V.

i was sitting down at the bar with my dad watching betty as she danced and sung around on the stage with sweet pea using the karaoke machine.
"she really is something." he said.
"yeah, she definitely is." i replied smiling in awe at her.
he looked over at me, but i kept my eyes on her.
"i don't think i've ever seen you look at someone that way." he chuckled.
"i don't think i've ever loved someone the way i love her." i replied looking over at him.
they finished up the song and sweet pea sat down. she was looking for a song and i went up behind her.
"any duets?" i asked.
"we could do perfect by ed sheeran?" she suggested.
"okay." i replied.
she clicked on it and we both went over to the microphones. it started and we both were singing and dancing like fools on the stage as a bunch of the serpents sang along with us.
after we finished, she pulled me into my office because she wanted to ask me something.
"okay, so i've been thinking for awhile about something, but i want your approval on it first." she told me.
"okay. what is it?" i asked confused.
"so, you know i dropped out of college and that's why i work at a bar, but i want to do something with my life. i was thinking about going back to college, but only if you want me to." she replied seeming so excited.
"i think it'd be great. if we both got real jobs then we'd probably be able to support each other when we get older." i told her.
"you plan on having a future together?" she asked.
"yeah, i mean you the only one i'd want to spend the rest of my life with." i responded intertwining our fingers together. "do you?"
"all the time, i just didn't know if you ever thought about it. what do you image?" she asked.
"we'd still be living in riverdale, we'd be married, have a house near by here, maybe a dog, and kids, one of each gender." i replied.
"i couldn't have said it any better." she agreed with tears in her eyes.
"jesus, are you crying?" i asked.
"no!" she protested laughing making tears fall down her face.
"oh my gosh, stop, you're going to make me cry." i laughed bringing her into a hug.
she laughed as i felt a few of her tears get my shirt wet. when we released each other from the hug, she held my face in her hands. i leant down and kissed her gently putting my hands on her face.
"happy birthday." she said when she backed away before colliding our lips together again.