Chapter 36

Jughead's P.O.V. Fast Forward Two Months

i was sitting in my office working on some papers to verify that the bar is safe to stay open as betty was sitting on the couch working on homework. i wrote something down on my paper then betty throws a book across the room. i look up to see her frustrated with papers and books spread all around her and the book she threw has papers she put in it falling out.
"are you okay?" i asked standing up and walking over to her.
"i don't get how to do this fucking shit." she replied throwing her head back.
"why don't you take a break." i suggested picking up a book from her lap.
"fine." she responded standing up.
we walked outside and got on our motorcycles, since i had gotten her one recently. we drove out to the area where i taught her how to ride it, it's been our spot to just get away and relax ever since. we parked our motorcycles and started walking around.
"i'm not trying to push, but you still haven't used those tickets to see your mom and jellybean." she said kicking a rock.
"i know, i just don't know what to say if we go." i replied.
"maybe, 'hey, mom. why the fuck did you take jellybean and not me?'" she joked.
"if only it were that easy." i laughed.
we walked around some more in silence just enjoying each other's presence holding hands.
"you're only doing one year of college, right?" i blurted out as we made our way back to our motorcycles.
"yeah, it's all i need to get my degree." she replied.
"are you going to get a real job after?" i asked.
"i don't know, maybe. i'll miss working at the bar if i do." she responded.
she was about to get on her motorcycle before i stopped her.
"hold on, i want to give you something." i told her.
"okay." she chuckled confused.
i took a ring from my pocket that was green and looked like a snake. i put it on her ring finger on her right hand and she looked at it confused.
"it's beautiful, but what is it for?" she asked.
"think of it as a touchable promise." i responded.
"promise for what?" she questioned.
"that as long as we're together, i'll always protect you." i replied.
"thank you, but don't ever do something this sweet again." she told me getting on her motorcycle.
"why can badass betty cooper not handle it?" i teased getting on mine and smiling at her.
"shut up and start your damn bike." she laughed putting her helmet on.
she started up her motorcycle and drove back to the bar as i followed her.
when we got back to the bar, betty walked over to my dad and i followed her.
"hey, mr. jones." she said sitting in a bar stool next to him.
"hey, darling. how are you doing?" he replied.
"great, i actually wanted to tell both of you, next weekend we're finally going to toledo and you're not backing out." she responded. "unless, you've got something better to do."
"yeah, i actually have this thing with this person." i joked.
"oh, you're so clever, but i'm sure you can cancel." she replied spinning in her chair to face me.
"we'll both go, betty." my dad said.
"great, now i've got to finish my homework, let's go." she laughed grabbing ahold of my hand.
when we got back up to my office, she sat back down on the couch and i sat back down at my desk.
"you know, we haven't gone on a real date in awhile, can i take you out for dinner tonight?" she blurted out opening her book.
"okay, it's a date." i replied.
later, we were sitting at the same restaurant veronica and archie set us up at eating dinner. betty was laughing at some stupid comment i had said when the waiter came over.
"can i get you guys anything else?" he asked.
betty cleared her throat before looking up at him.
"we're okay, thanks." she replied.
he walked away and betty leaned back in her chair smiling.
"you know what's kinda funny?" she asked smiling softly.
"what?" i replied.
"when we first met, i wouldn't tell you anything about me, but now you know more about myself than i do." she responded.
"i mean, i don't know that much." i joked.
"shut up." she replied throwing her napkin at me.
after we got back home, we were getting ready for bed and betty was taking forever in the bathroom. i was laying on the bed on my laptop waiting for her to eventually come out.
"betty, you've been in there forever! what's taking so long?" i called out.
"hold on, i'll be out in a second!" she yelled back.
i looked back down at my computer and heard the bathroom door open. when i looked up she was wearing a black lingerie that looked incredible on her and my jaw instantly dropped. i slowly closed my laptop and she came closer to the bed.
"remember when ronnie showed you that picture and i said i had a slutty outfit i would wear?" she asked continuing to come closer to the bed.
"yeah." i replied.
"well, here it is. i thought you might want to see it." she told me.
she pushed me back on the bed then crawled on top of me and collided our lips together as she giggled.