Chapter 41

Betty's P.O.V. Fast Forward Nine Months (About how long you are pregnant for)

jughead has been super helpful through the process of me being pregnant, he's helped me with doing most basic daily tasks because it's a lot harder when you have a huge ball attached to your stomach.
we were sitting on the couch watching a movie cuddled up together.
"do you need anything?" he asked for the millionth time today.
"i'm fine, i don't need anything." i replied.
i felt some sort of liquid coming from me, so i looked and realized my water broke.
"fuck! my water just broke!" i yelled adjusting myself on the couch.
jughead quickly stood up and got a towel. he gave me the towel and picked me up bridal style to take me to the car. he laid me in the back of the car and rushed to the hospital.
once we got there, he ran in carrying me.
"someone help her!" he yelled just like he did when he brought me to the emergency room a while back.
nurses quickly put me on a gurney and rushed me into a room with jughead following behind.
once we got in the room, they put me on a bed and took of my pants, so the babies could come out. everyone was telling me to push, but i was too scared to be a mom and have kids.
"i can't! i can't!" i yelled as tears streamed down my cheeks.
"look at me, baby." jughead said in a soothing tone and making me look at him. "you don't need to be scared, okay? you're going to do great, it'll only hurt for a second, then we're going to have a family with a beautiful girl and boy."
he grabbed ahold of my hand and drew circles on it with his thumb, which calmed me. i started to manage my breathing and calm down a little.
"miss cooper, we need you to push." one of the nurses said.
i nodded my head and pushed with all my strength as i continued to cry and scream, until i heard babies crying. i stopped screaming and looked at the nurse who was holding two babies.
"oh my god, those are my babies." i smiled resting my head back on the pillow. "those are our babies."
i looked over at jughead, who was still holding my hand and had tears in his eyes.
"aw, honey, it's okay." i said cupping his cheek in my hand.
"i love you so much, more than you'll ever know." he told me pulling a chair up next to me and sitting in it.
"i love you so much too." i cried looking into his eyes.
he leant forward and gently kissed my lips. two nurses came in, each with one baby and they were now cleaned up.
"do you have names for them, miss cooper?" one asked.
"yes, it's skyler and forsythe pendleton IV." i replied.
they handed me skyler and gave jughead xavier. i looked at the adorable baby in my arms and all i could think was i made this child with the love of my life.
jughead must have called the gang, veronica, archie, his dad, and jb on the way over because once the nurses left, they all showed up in our room.

Jughead's P.O.V.

i was leaning against the door watching veronica and betty look at skyler and xavier in awe. toni came over and leaned against the door next to me.
"congratulations, i never thought i'd see the day you finally get a girlfriend." she said.
"yeah, neither did i." i smiled still admiring betty.
"did you propose yet?" she asked.
"i have a ring, i'm just trying to figure out a good time to do it at." i replied.
"you should do it now, or wait until you guys are leaving and do it in the waiting room." she said.
doing it in the waiting room wouldn't be a bad idea, it's where you walk out to leave, so it would be a bit of a scene and doing it right now would just be anything, but cute.
after the doctors checked them to make sure they were okay to go home, betty got changed into spare clothes veronica had brought. i made sure veronica and toni were holding the babies, so if i ended up proposing, she would have her hands empty. we checked out at the front desk and betty was talking to veronica and skyler. it must have been obvious how nervous i was because people kept giving me looks like i was as pale as a ghost, which i probably was. i mean, i was frightened it was too much, too fast for her and i was scared of being rejected.
i took the velvet red box out of my back pocket and ran my finger along the case. i crouched down on one knee behind betty, so she still didn't see me.
everyone that was waiting that we didn't even know starting whispering and everyone we brought was shocked, but betty still hasn't turned around.
"why is everyone looking around like that?" she asked looking around. "where did jughead go?"
"betty, i'm right here." i said making her turn around to see me crouched down with a ring in my hand.
"oh my god!" she exclaimed covering her mouth.
"betty, you've made me a better person, you showed me how to love, and what it feels like it be in love. i mean, you can even make a big bad ass gang sing and dance and do karaoke." i started and when i made that comment everyone laughed and betty was crying. "you gave me two beautiful kids, and i love you so much and i will never, ever stop loving you. the best moments of my life is every single moment i'm around you. so, betty cooper, i'm asking you right now, will you marry me?" i finally finished.
everyone around us was watching, even the people at the front desk and she stood there as i waited for a response.