Chapter 16

Jughead's P.O.V.

i woke up with betty next to me and i pushed some off her hair out of her face. she looks so much more peaceful when she's sleeping. i gently kissed her forehead before getting up to use the bathroom. when i came out from the bathroom, veronica was standing at the door. i walked over to her and she told me to come in the kitchen.
"did you find out why's she was freaking out?" she asked.
"she had a dream that we were on my motorcycle and we crashed and i died, i guess. she knows i'm carful on it though." i told her as we sat at the island.
"hm. weird." she responded.
"yeah, did she tell you about her change?" i asked.
"change?" she questioned.
"oh, guess not, it's not really my thing to tell, so i'd just ask about it." i told her.
"okay. does she have therapy today?" she replied.
"she said something about group therapy, i'm not exactly sure." i said.
betty walked in the kitchen seeming upset.
"oh, you guys are already up." she mumbled.
"you have therapy today, right?" i asked ignoring her comment that wasn't meant for us to hear.
"yeah, it's group therapy or some shit. he says it will be good for me." she replied sitting next to me.
"group therapy?" veronica questioned.
"i guess a few other girls my age that come to his therapy classes get together and talk about our problems, it's so stupid." she responded.
"do you want me to drive you there?" i offered.
"if you don't mind." she replied giving me a slight smile.
"okay, i can pick you up too." i told her.
she got dressed in a grey dress, black high top converse, her serpent jacket, and put her hair in a ponytail. we drove other to the therapy place and when we got there she didn't want to go in.
"i don't want to go." she said crossing her arms.
"it won't be that bad." i replied.
"telling people i don't know about my problems, no thanks." she told me looking over at me. "plus i'd rather just tell you about my problems."
"i know you would, but you could end up liking these girls. i can pick you up if it's absolutely horrible." i responded rubbing her arm.
"okay." she said.
we walked in to the building and went to the room where she was meeting these girls. she quickly kissed me before they told her which room to go into and i left.

Betty's P.O.V.

when i walked in the room, my therapist was there with three other girls there. i sat down in a chair and crossed my arms thinking about how much i'm going to hate this.
"hello, girls. let's go around in a circle telling each other our names." he said.
"i'm josie. i have anxiety and like to sing." the girl next me said. she was a very pretty girl, she had brown hair, brown eyes, beautiful dark skin, she wore a lot of black, and seemed cheerful.
"i'm betty. i have depression and anxiety, there's not much to know about me, but my life is a complete shit show, it's quite hilarious actually." i said.
everyone looked at me shocked, probably by how much of a bitch i am.
"um. how about you tell us what you like to do." my therapist suggested.
"i like to spend time with my boyfriend." i replied.
a girl across from me laughed a little and i quickly looked over at her.
"what's so funny?" i snapped.
"you have a boyfriend?" she asked still laughing.
"damn right, i do. his names jughead." i told her.
"jughead?" she laughed.
i stood up so i was standing over her, making myself look intimidating.
"don't test me, bitch, and definitely do not make fun of my boyfriend." i said.
"ethel apologize to betty and betty sit down." he told us.
i sat down in my seat and ethel shut her mouth, thank god because i would have beat the shit out of her.
"can we please continue?" he asked.
"i'm ethel. i have depression and like to do math." she said. she had brown hair, green eyes, wore mostly white, and seemed rude.
"i'm cheryl . i have anxiety and i like to do archery." the last girl diagonal from me said. she had red hair, brown eyes, and seemed really nice. she was the only one i could see myself getting along with.
we got paired with someone to learn about each other or something, i got put with cheryl and i wasn't complaining, surprisingly.
"that was really cool how you stood up to her." she said smiling.
"well, i wasn't going to let her talk shit about my boyfriend." i responded. "should i not swear?"
"it's fine with me. can i see a picture of him?" she asked. "jughead, i mean."
i took out my phone and showed her the picture of us at the carnival on the top of the ferris wheel.
"you guys are adorable." she told me.
"thanks, do you have a boyfriend?" i asked.
"no, i like girls more anyway." she replied. "i have a question." she added.
"ask away." i said.
"you're wearing a serpent jacket, are you a south side serpent?" she asked.
"oh, yeah, i am. it was mostly to piss off jughead when we got it a fight, but once you're in you're in forever." i told her.
"that's really cool, actually. can i get your phone number, maybe we could hang out sometime?" she responded getting her phone out.
we exchanged phone numbers then we switched people we were talking to and i got put with ethel. great.
"sorry for lashing out at you earlier, everyone just talks about these great lives they have and i have a horrible one." she said.
"it's fine, but believe me, my life is far from great." i told her.
"well, you have your boyfriend or whatever to help you, i've got no one." she responded.
"i'm sorry, i'm sure you'll find someone soon." i replied giving her a slight smile.
"thanks. anyways, what's so bad about your life?" she asked actually seeming interested in my life.
"well, let's see. i cut myself, my dad was abusive and still is when i see him, i drive everyone away from me, my own mom lies to me, i've got depression and anxiety, and i'm in the serpents." i told her.
"does it work?" she asked. "the cutting, does it help?"
"i guess, it makes you only focus on the pain of the slits in your wrist, but the marks after are horrible." i told her.
"can i see yours?" she questioned.
i rolled up my jacket, so the horrible scars were showing on my wrist.
"cuttings for the weak, don't do it. i'm looking for other methods to cope, maybe drinking next." i said.
"like alcohol?" she questioned.
"yeah, something hard, like vodka. if jughead or veronica isn't up my ass i might try it." i replied.
"if you do let me know how it goes and i'll tell you if i find a way to cope." she told me giving me a smile.
"sounds good." i said returning the smile.
we exchanged phone numbers and after an hour of talking as a group, the therapy session was over. i was the last girl there, so i was just waiting for jughead to come. when he finally came, we quickly left because i was tired of being in there. when we got to the car, i had gotten a text from ethel.
"how was it?" he asked as he started the car.
"it was okay, i got in a fight with a girl, but we're friends now." i replied ignoring the text from ethel.
"why'd you get in a fight?" he asked.
"she laughed at your name and didn't believe i have a boyfriend, i wouldn't believe myself either." i responded.
"it wasn't physically or anything right?" he questioned.
"no." i replied.
"are you going back?" he asked.
i paused for a second then answered.
"yeah, i am."

(AN: Thank you so so much for 1.50k reads! I am so glad you guys enjoy reading this story as much as i enjoy writing it!
Also, it would mean so much if you could check out my story called "See You in Heaven" it is a new story, non riverdale related, but please go check it out. I love you all so much! Don't forget to vote and comment! 💕💗)