Chapter 29

Betty's P.O.V. Day 5 of being at the facility

i lost my phone privileges, so i'm no longer allowed to talk to jughead and i have no clue what's going on back at home. i was thinking about what jughead had said about them trying to change us and i think it's crazy. he probably thinks i'm avoiding him and is pissed about it, i wish i could just call him and tell him something, anything. they haven't helped me that much, but i'm still trying for jughead. i'm trying to think of something to say or do that will convince them to let me leave.
i got up and went to scotty's office to see if there was any way i could get out of here.
"betty, hey, i'm glad you came to see me." he said as i came in.
"hey. i, um, just have a few questions." i told him as i sat down and closed the door.
he got out the same notebook from the other day and a pen.
"actually can you please put the paper away?" i asked.
"sure." he replied putting them back on his desk.
"my phone privileges. i had them the night you guys started giving me medicine to sleep, then i was talking to jughead that night and the next morning i lost them. and what was it that he was talking about on the phone?" i told him.
"what are you implying here, betty?" he asked.
"that you guys are listening to my calls and you heard what jughead said." i responded.
"what exactly did jughead say?" he asked.
"i'm not going to tell you because i know you heard it and if you didn't then emilia did or someone who works here." i replied.
"okay, in that case, is that all i can do for you?" he asked.
"i want to get out of this facility." i told him.
"you have to finish out your week until you—." he started.
"no, i want to get out of this place now. today. and if you won't let me, then i will find a way." i interrupted. "so i'd tell your staff to keep an extra eye on me."
i stood and opened the door and he stood up as well.
"and please, do not under estimate me." i told him before i walked out of the room.
i went back in my room and tried to think of something, anything to get me out of here.
reggie. he has a tablet.
i put on jughead's sweatshirt and walked into reggie's room.
"hey, reggie." i greeted leaning against the door.
he's been constantly looking at me and hitting on me the whole time i've been here, so that could be helpful.
"oh. betty, hey. come in." he said.
i laid on his bed next to him and propped myself up on my hands.
"you have a tablet, right?" i asked.
"yeah, right here." he replied showing it to me.
"do you mind if i use it?" i asked.
"i'm not supposed to let people use it." he told me.
"it's really hot in here." i said.
i slipped jughead's sweatshirt off revealing the tight black shirt i was wearing that showed a lot of cleavage and clearly he noticed.
"maybe now i can use it?" i asked seductively.
"i—uh—you—um—here." he replied handing me it.
i wrapped it up in the sweatshirt and went to the bathroom. i locked the door and sat on the floor. i put the sweatshirt back on and put jughead's number in.
me: i'm safe

Jughead's P.O.V.

i was sitting at the bar freaking out and talking to toni and my dad.
"they're changing her!" i told them slamming my glass on the counter.
"do you have the address?" my dad asked.
"i put it in my phone, but it's literally gone. it's not there anymore." i replied.
ding!
i took my phone out of my pocket and got a text from an unknown number.
number: i'm safe
"i'm safe. do you think it's her?" i asked them.
"it could be." toni replied.
me: betty? i thought you were mad at me
number: i don't have time to explain, i need you to come get me. now.
i read the text out loud and got in my dad's car.
me: what's the address?
number: *insert address*
number: bathroom
me: on my way
i put the address in my phone and drove over to the house.
when i got there, it was the same house i had dropped her off at. i circled it three times before i parked on the side. i wasn't sure what room she was going to be in, but i had a plan. i went up to the door and knocked, until a woman opened the door.
"hello, can i help you?" she asked.
"does james live here?" i replied acting like i was at the wrong house.
"i'm afraid not, this must be the wrong house." she responded.
"oh, i'm sorry. do you mind if i just use your bathroom real quick?" i questioned.
"i suppose." she sighed moving away from the door.
i walked into the house and went to the bathroom. i closed the door and saw betty hiding in a corner behind the door. she quickly wrapped her arms around me and i held her close to my chest.
"you were right." she whispered.
"we can talk about that later, we need to get you out of here right now." i replied slightly louder than her voice.
i released her from my grip and looked at her. i kissed her forehead before going over to the window. i tried opening it, but it was locked.
"shit." i said quietly.
i turned around to see her looking at me scared.
"make sure the door is locked." i told her.
she locked the door and i turned back to the window. i pushed on it lightly feeling how flimsy the glass was, then turned back to betty. i put my hands on both sides of her face and looked her in the eyes.
"do you trust me?" i asked.
"jughead, it's not really a good time to be talking about this." she replied.
"no, betty, do you trust me?" i asked again.
"yes." she responded.
"then you have to follow my lead, okay, i need you to listen to me." i told her.
she nodded her head and i went back to the window. i punched it several times until it shattered and got pieces of glass in my hand.
"jughead." betty said coming over to me with a tear falling down her cheek.
"betty, you said you trusted me, i need you to trust me." i told her.
she nodded and i had her stand on both my hands and climb out the window. once she got out, i walked out of the bathroom and ran into the room that had betty's stuff in it. i grabbed her stuff and ran out of the house. betty already had the car started and was sitting in the passenger seat. i ran to the car and got in as quickly as possible. i put her stuff in the back and started driving. i looked over at betty, who had tears running down her face, but she was trying not to make noise.
"betty—." i said but cut myself off. "are you okay?"
"the people in there are fucking crazy." she replied.
"i know." i responded.
"i'm sorry i didn't call you and i'm sorry for not believing you and now you probably hate me." she told me wiping her nose on her sleeve.
"i don't hate you, but please can we talk about this later?" i asked. "jesus, fuck me!"
i looked down at my hand to see a piece of glass i pushed in from the steering wheel.
"oh my god, jughead!" betty exclaimed as she saw what i was yelling over.
"betty, don't. i just need to drive." i told her.
she leaned back in her seat and i continued driving. knowing that she was next to me and safe, made me feel so much better.
i looked over at her and she was watching me. she smiled lightly through her tear-stained face and i smiled back.