Chapter 12

Betty's P.O.V.

i woke up and realized jughead wasn't next to me anymore, i picked up my phone and read the time.
7:47 am
i walked in to the kitchen to see jughead on the phone with someone.
"you've got to be fucking kidding me!" he yelled in the phone. "the ghoolies out number us a hundred to one!" he added.
i heard the person on the phone say something, but couldn't hear their words. jughead turned around and realized i was standing there listening.
"i'll call you back." he said before hanging up.
"what's wrong?" i asked.
"nothing." he responded flatly.
"okay clearly something is wrong. what is it?" i asked again.
"jesus, i said it's nothing." he repeated raising his voice a little.
i laughed a little in reply.
"that's not how this works, i have to tell you every damn thing on my mind, but you don't get to tell me anything." i replied raising my voice a little.
"did you ever think that maybe i don't want to tell you about my problems?!" he yelled.
"yeah, i did! but did you ever think i don't want to tell you because i don't want to tell a big, bad, head over heels gang leader my problems?!" i shouted back.
"really? well, did you ever think i didn't want to tell my problems to a scared little girl, who can't handle anything or talk to anyone, so you cut and say it helps!" he yelled.
he thought i was a scared little girl who can't handle anything.
and he's right.
i can't handle anything, i'm just a scared little girl.
guilt washed over his face as he realized what he said.
"betts, i didn't mean it, you know—." he started as he reached out to touch my arm.
"don't touch me! don't ever talk to me again!" i shouted at him as i pulled away. "i have to get ready for work." i mumbled as i walked to my bedroom trying not to cry.
i slammed my door shut and fell to the floor with my back against the door, i put my hand over my mouth incase jughead was still here and cried until i couldn't cry anymore. i stood up and quickly threw on a black shirt, black leggings, black leather jacket, and black combat boots. i quickly put my hair up in a ponytail that looked horrible and didn't even care about doing my makeup. i drove over to the bar praying that jughead wouldn't be there. when i walked in, i was greeted by toni, but i just gave a quick smile. toni and i were cleaning the tables and i stopped to ask her something.
"toni, how can i join the serpents?" i asked.
"you want to join the serpents?" she responded.
"yes, i do." i replied.
"jughead doesn't want you to, he said to make sure you don't ask about it." she responded.
"yeah, well, it's too bad jughead can't tell me what to do anymore." i told her.
i looked up and saw jughead standing near by listening, i dropped the rag on the table and walked outside. when i got outside, i leaned against a near by car and lit a cigarette i had grabbed from inside. i blew out the smoke and heard someone come out. i turned around to see jughead and turned back around lighting the cigarette.
"since when do you smoke?" he asked coming over by me.
"since you became an asshole." i replied blowing smoke from my mouth.
"betty—." he started.
"i don't want to hear it, jughead." i told him as i stepped on the cigarette and headed for the door.
"why are you going inside?" he asked.
"because i'm tired of crying, jughead." i said. "i thought you were the only one who understood me, but i guess i was wrong." i added.
i walked inside the bar leaving him outside alone. i walked back over to toni and finished cleaning the table.
"so how can i join the serpents?" i asked.
"be here tonight, i'll get you a slot and you can do the dance." she replied.
"is, uh, jughead going to be there?" i asked.
"yeah, sorry, betty." she responded.
"it's fine, i'll be there." i told her.
i gave her a fake smile before i walked over to clean another table.
after work, i went home and put on a black lacy bra with a matching underwear underneath a black skirt and black button up shirt. i took my hair out of it's messy ponytail and put on some makeup and drove over to the bar. when i got there, there was a bunch of serpents and someone who looked a lot like jughead, i went up to him and introduced myself.
"hey, i'm assuming you're mr. jones?" i asked.
"yeah, who are you?" he replied.
"i'm betty, jughead's, um, friend." i responded.
"oh, you're betty. jughead doesn't stop talking about you." he told me.
jughead walked over to his dad and i didn't look at him.
"if jughead's told you so much about me, i assume you know that we broke up and why don't you ask your son some of the things he said." i replied giving jughead and annoyed and sarcastic smile.
he looked at jughead then back at me.
"i'll be sure to talk to him about it." he responded.
"great. also jughead, i bet you'd be delighted to know i'm joining the serpents tonight and there's nothing you can do about it." i said.
i walked right past jughead making sure to hit him with my shoulder.
awhile later, it was my turn to do the serpent dance. i walked up to the stage and did the pole dance while stripping with some ridiculous song playing. after, jughead looked more than upset, but i honestly could care less, when i finished jughead's dad gave me a serpent jacket and i walked off the stage to go home.