Chapter 39

Jughead's P.O.V.

i woke the next morning to see betty sitting up on her laptop already dressed and ready for the day, probably looking at more baby room ideas.
"how long have you been up?" i asked her making her whip her head to look at me.
"an hour." she replied turning back to her laptop.
i got out of bed and took a shower, but i didn't see my dad, he wasn't anywhere to he seen in the room.
when i got out of the shower, betty gave me an annoyed look and for some reason seemed irritated by my presence.
"do you know where my dad is?" i asked.
"i'm not his damn babysitter." she responded.
i sat on the edge of the bed looking at her as i put a shirt on.
"is something wrong?" i asked.
"nope." she replied closing her laptop.
by time i had gotten dressed, my dad walked in with three coffees and a brown paper bag.
"i got coffee and donuts, if you guys are hungry." he said sitting them down on the table.
betty took out her phone and ignored his comment, so i brought a coffee to her and sat on the bed next to her.
"thanks." she replied taking a drink from it.
i didn't exactly know why she was in a bad mood, but i figured it was just the fact that she's pregnant.
"did you find any good baby room ideas?" i asked.
"a few." she responded in a more cheerful tone, it's crazy how quick her emotions can change.
she sat her coffee down on the table and showed me a few of the choices she was leaning towards.
about an hour later, we were back at my mom's house sitting on the couch trying to make more awkward conversation.
"jb, do you like it in toledo?" i asked trying to get something out of her about what betty said last night.
"not really, it's lonely." she replied quietly.
"i've heard toledo isn't exactly a kid friendly place. do you have lots of friends at school?" betty asked.
"a few, but not a lot." she responded.
"you guys could always move to riverdale." my dad suggested.
"i'm good here, we left for a reason, fp, and you know it. plus, i prefer to be as far from you as possible." my mom said giving him an annoyed look.
betty looked over at me and i knew she wasn't in a good mood already, but i was going to let her attack.
"look, i may not know what went down between you two, but i'm not stupid. i mean, did you even ask jb if she wanted to move here? because from what i heard, you took her when she was younger and left jughead alone." she told her.
no one said anything for awhile because my mom was clearly at a loss for words.
"also, i think jughead deserves an explanation, so go on, the floor is yours." betty said breaking the silence and giving her a smile.
my dad and i both smiled at her proud as my mom sat there awkwardly.
"why did you leave him anyways?" jb asked.
we all sat there for awhile looking at my mom waiting for an explanation. betty stood up and looked at my mom.
"that's fine, you don't want to talk, don't talk, but it's going to cost you." she told her. "you want to move to riverdale?" she turned to jb smiling.
"sure." she smiled going into her bedroom.
my mom stood up, so she was almost level with betty searching for something to say.
"you don't deserve my son." she said roughly.
"last i recall, was that you didn't want him." she replied.
my mom then swung her hand back and slapped betty in the face. my dad and i both stood up and betty laughed a little.
"mom—." i started.
"jughead, i've got this." betty interrupted. "sit down."
"look, i'm not going to hit you back because unlike you, i know my manners, but just a tip, do not ever underestimate me." she told her.
she turned away from my mom and walked into jb's room to help her pack.
"jughead." my mom said.
"mom, i don't want to hear it." i replied.
after we got all of jb's stuff packed, we were back on the bus again.
"shit, that bitch can hit." betty laughed as she rubbed her cheek. "oh, sorry that's your mom i'm talking about."
"it's fine, are you okay though?" i asked.
"yeah." she replied.
we sat there i silence for awhile, until betty took out her laptop to continue looking at baby room ideas.
"do you know if it's a boy or a girl?" jb asked.
"not yet, but we have an appointment on— i don't know actually." she sighed clearly frustrated.
"it's in two weeks, honey." i told her as i rubbed her back gently.
"that's right. jesus, i've got way too much on my mind." she replied shutting her laptop and pulling out a textbook.
"is that homework?" i asked.
"yep, do you think i'm going to look like a slut at school when the baby starts showing?" she replied looking up at me.
"no, but you could always do online school, if you're not comfortable with it." i responded looking back at her.
"maybe. it's nice being around people other than serpents, no offense." she smiled.
"none taken." i replied.
"how many years of college do you have to do?" jb asked making betty look at her.
"i just have to finish this year, but i don't know how many months, i'd have to check." she responded.
once we got home, it was pretty late and betty was clearly done for the day, but she was still reading her book on the bed. i got dressed in my pajamas and when i came back, she had fallen asleep sitting up with her book in her hands. i took the book from her and laid her down, then laid next to her as i drifted off to sleep as well.

(AN: Thank you for 7k reads! Like OML! I love you all! Also, there is going to be some major time skips, sorry! 💕😍)