Chapter 2

Betty's P.O.V.

i was woken up the next morning by veronica.
"come on! we're going shopping!" she exclaimed turning on the light. i sat up to look at her.
"why?" i asked.
"because you have a date tonight!" she replied.
"ugh." i said falling back on my bed. she grabbed my hands making me sit up.
"get up." she told me as she left my room.
i got up and put a white shirt on, black leggings, high top black converse, and put my hair up in a messy bun. i walked out in the kitchen where veronica was waiting for me.
"let's go, before i change my mind." i said grabbing a black sweatshirt and putting it on.
once we got to the mall, we were looking around.
"you're lucky i need to get some new clothes because if i didn't i wouldn't be here." i told her crossing my arms. we walked in to forever 21 and i found a few cute things. i got two black choker necklaces, a pair of black jean shorts, two pairs of black leggings, and a gray tank top. after we headed to some place where they sold fancy clothes that veronica dragged me in to because she insisted i need to look 110% for my date. we were looking around and i found a few cute things that i tried on. the one i ended up getting that i was going to wear was a black dress and was a skater kind. we paid for our dresses then got lunch and had to go home to get ready. i put on the black dress that i got, one of the black chokers i got, a silver necklace with a triangle at the bottom, a few rings, and my high top black converse. i did my makeup and put my hair up in two buns on each side with some hair hanging out in the front. when i came out to show veronica my outfit she loved it.
"oh my gosh! you look gorgeous, betts! i really think you guys will work out!" she exclaimed.
"thanks, v. he better be nice because it took awhile to do this." i said as i crossed my arms.
"let's maybe not cross our arms and look a little bit happy." she suggested. i smiled too enthusiastically and put my arms on my hips.
"better?" i asked jokingly.
"fine, do what you want. i tried." she said putting her arms up. i laughed a little bit at her comment.
"do you know if they are ready yet?" i asked.
"archie said they are leaving soon, so let's go." she responded. i got my keys and we got in the car.
once we got to the restaurant we didn't see them, so we waited in the car.

Jughead's P.O.V.

archie is making me look presentable for this girl, so he forced me to wear black dress pants, a white button up shirt, a black blazer, my beanie, and black dress shoes.
"this is so extra, archie. she probably isn't even going to dress up." i told him. he looked down at his phone and i think he was texting veronica.
"veronica just sent me a picture of her outfit and she definitely is dressed up." he replied looking at his phone.
"well, she better be hot as fuck and be nice." i said.
"whatever, man, you'll thank me after this." he responded getting his car keys.
once we got there i saw veronica standing at the restaurant, but i didn't see the girl. archie and i got out of the car to go to veronica.
"oh my god! you look great!" veronica exclaimed at me.
"um. thanks. where is your friend?" i asked.
"she went to use the bathroom, but she will be here any second." she told me. we waited about a minute for her until she came around the corner.
"is he here, v?" she asked veronica and looked up from her phone.
"jughead?"
"betty?" we both asked at the same time.
wow. she is hotter then when i saw her at the bar.
"wait, you know each other?" archie asked.
"he came to the bar i work at the other night and we talked, that's all." betty told him. "hi again." she added turning to face me.
"hey." i replied. we all just stood there awkwardly until betty turned to veronica.
"okay, v, i already know him, can i go?" she asked.
"no, plus you look hot as hell you don't want to just leave." veronica told her.
"fine, i'll stay." betty replied. veronica got us a table and we started walking there, when we were walking to our table, betty and i were next to each other.
"do they make you go on these things all the time, too?" i asked her.
"yep." she replied.
"it's kinda ironic that we met already." i said.
"i guess, i should have known it was you because veronica said you're a serpent who writes and is cute." she responded.
"yeah, since not many serpents write and you didn't believe me. all archie said was you guys are best friends, you're bad ass, and hot." i replied. we got to our table and sat down, i was next to archie and veronica was next to betty.

Betty's P.O.V.

veronica and i got out of the car because i had to use the bathroom. once i came back i was on my phone and asked veronica if he was here, i looked up to see jughead standing in front of me.
wow. he looked cuter than at the bar.
we all were confused and i wanted to go home because i already knew him, but veronica insisted i stayed. once we got to the table, i was sitting next to veronica and across from jughead.
"betty, jughead, why don't you guys talk a little." veronica suggested as she nudged me with her knee under the table. jughead and i looked at each other not knowing what to say.
"it's starting to get late—." veronica started to say as she started to stand up.
"you're not leaving." i said grabbing her hand.
"veronica, you're right. we should probably start leaving." archie agreed as he stood.
"i sear if you leave, i will leave jughead's dumb ass in this restaurant alone." i told veronica.
"unless i leave your dumb ass first." jughead chimed in.
"oh, shit up, bitch." i said turning to him.
"betty!" veronica exclaimed.
"what?" i asked turning to face her.
"apologize to jughead." she told me. i turned to face jughead.
"sorry for calling you a bitch." i said rolling my eyes.
"it's whatever, it's extremely attractive anyways." he replied.
"you're really getting on my nerves." i told him as i crossed my arms.
i hate when people call me attractive.
"you're really cute when you get mad, sweetheart." he responded.
"don't call me that." i said standing up from my seat. veronica put her hands on my shoulders and sat me back in my chair.
"we're going to get another table." veronica told me as her and archie left.
"they're not coming back." i said.
"i'm cool with that." he replied.
"stop." i told him.
"stop what?" he asked.
"whatever you're doing. stop being nice." i responded.
"they aren't coming back, so we might as well talk." he told me.
"fine." i said.
maybe this won't be that bad, it was going well so far.
after we finished eating, we paid the bill and dinner wasn't that bad. we walked outside and they had taken archie's car.
"just get in my car." i told him.
"okay, thanks." he replied. we both got in my car and drove to his and archie's house. i walked him up this house because i wanted to see if veronica was in there. he unlocked the door and there was a note on the table, i picked it up and read it.
have fun you two!
- v and archie xx
i handed it to jughead and he read it.
"you've got to be shitting me. where the hell are they?" i said.
"i don't know." he replied. we both stood there looking at each other not saying anything.
"what?" i asked.
"i'm just thinking about how i'm going to ask you out on another date." he replied.
"oh." i responded.
"i have an idea how to do it." he said.
"what is it?" i asked rolling my eyes.
i'm trying so hard to seem like i'm not interested, but it's quite hard when you have an incredibly attractive and nice person in front of you.
he took a step towards me and kissed me and i kissed him back, it got deeper and deeper i put my hands on his face and he put his on my neck and cheek until i backed away.
"we shouldn't be doing this." i choked out.
"we definitely shouldn't." he responded and continued to kiss me and i continued to kiss him back, he kissed down my neck.
"jug...we...shouldn't." i told him.
"i thought you were bad ass, sweetheart." he whispered in my ear.
"i am, bitch." i responded. i leant forward to continue kissing him and he picked me up and put me against his kitchen cabinets, i took of his blazer and had his shirt partially unbuttoned. just then, archie and veronica walked in, so jughead quickly buttoned up his shirt, picked up his blazer, and i got off the counter. they came in the kitchen to where we are and looked at us both. i looked over at jughead to see my lipstick all over his face. veronica and archie both laughed.
"what happened with you two?" veronica asked.
"what do you mean?" i responded.
"well, based on the fact jughead has your lipstick all over his face and you have lipstick smeared on your face, i'm going to assume things got heated in here." she replied.
"i was just about to leave actually, let's go, v." i said grabbing veronica and walking us both out of their house.