09

This will be a particularly long chapter with double the word count of the others.
5000+ words, guys. I've been writing this for 2 days straight.
That being said, I still think it sucks.

WARNING: VIOLENCE AND BLOOD

The doors to the command center opened, allowing all of the paladins and Trip to flood into the room

The doors to the command center opened, allowing all of the paladins and Trip to flood into the room. The whole way to the castle had been silent, but now Shiro began to throw out orders faster than they could follow them.

"Pidge, get into the data and find out where Zarkon's central command is."

"On it."

"Keith, Lance, Hunk, make sure the lions are ready to go as soon as we get there."

They all nod and are prepared to run to wherever the lions are kept. But Coran stopped them before their orders could be executed.

"Where's Allura?" His eyes scan around the door to see if he had simply missed her. But when he confirmed that she was gone, he settled his eyes on Shiro. Trip remained by the black paladin's side.

When people got news that someone they loved was gone, they reacted unpredictably. Some got angry, some didn't believe them. Trip had even seen people shut down entirely. But she got the feeling that Shiro couldn't bring himself to fight back if his friend was the kind who got angry. She, however, had no problem fighting back for him.

Shiro looks down as he speaks, "they took her," he says, "she sacrificed herself to save me. I didn't have a choice in the matter."

Coran's blue eyes got wider with every word spoken to him. They settled in size when he realized Shiro wasn't going say 'but...' and explain that she was okay.

"How is that possible?" He demands, "how did you not have a choice?!"

Shiro sighs, "Coran, I'm sorry that things didn't go as planned. But instead of focusing on what went wrong, let's focus on how to make things right."

Everyone watched in dead silence at the interaction. Well, except for Pidge. She was very busy typing away on her computer.

"Pidge, anything?" Shiro asks to turn attention away from the fact that the princess is in life-threatening danger. All attention leaves the black paladin and Coran to turn the youngest, and admittedly the smartest, in the room.

"Look at this." She says and swipes up on her screen. The images transferred to the big screen that Allura usually controlled.

The huddled group of paladins and company were then stood in the back of the room, frozen. They knew something grand and extreme would be the base of Zarkon himself, but this was far beyond the size they expected. On the screen was a scale image. It was huge. Far bigger than the castle that they stood in now. And far bigger than any ship Trip had ever been aboard, and she had been on ones that put their planet to shame.