58

I need to make a new cover who knows when I'll get around to that. Anyway, I'm ignoring my homework and finals are approaching.

 Anyway, I'm ignoring my homework and finals are approaching

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Two Weeks Later

Trip couldn't feel anything for so long. It had gone from being peaceful to being annoying after a while, but she didn't have a choice in the matter. All she could do was feel nothing. Until the feeling came back, and suddenly she wished it had stayed as nothing.

Everything was on the scale of pain. From her toes to her head, everything had an ache in it.

It's not the worst pain I've ever felt, she thinks when her mind starts to regain its ability to form coherent thoughts. In the silence, she'd been drifting from half-baked thoughts to blurry images of memories that were fading fast.

Her senses reappeared. Under her fingertips was something soft and warm, like fur. She would've thought she was laying on her bed at home until her sense of smell returned. It was strong and smelled like someone had dumped a bottle of bleach into the room with her. And then sound. A consistent beeping.

She wasn't going to be able to fight in whatever state she felt like she was in. Where even was she?

Peeling open her eyes, she's greeted with a tiled ceiling and lights that start a throbbing in her head. The smell of cleaning supplies, the beeping, the pain. All of that pointed to one location. The mountain medical bay. But why? Her mind strained for her last memory.

The plan...against Zarkon. It all came back at once when she scratched the surface of it. The ship overtaking, the surprise fifth member, and her own sword being wielded against her. And Braut...he'd gone down. Quickly and heavily. He was injured while protecting her.

Her head turns. Confirming her suspicions of where she was. The machines were reading Olympian script, but she couldn't focus her eyes to read it. Nobody else was in the room. A recovery room if she had to guess from the layout. Litarra had made her pour over the map of the mountain interior for a week once...

Trip feels something clasped around her head, and a hand reaches up to feel for it. It runs into a mask held around her nose and mouth. Irritated by the feeling of it on her already throbbing head, she pulls it. She was awake now, she figured she didn't need it. Then she notices the tubes coming from her arms.

"What the fuck..." she mutters to the air when the mask is gone. It was immediately harder to breathe, almost a chore, and it burned. Like inhaling smoke.

How long had she been out? What happened with the plan? The paladins? Olympia? Her mind was trying to move as quickly as her thoughts, but it was still fogged with sleep and pain. Though, the second problem was easier to push away.

Trip forces herself up into a sitting position, lungs arching as she tried for a deep breath. She almost wanted to reach for the mas again, but she refused to be connected to a machine in order to live. Even though it burned, she reaches her un-tubed hand up and yanks at the needles that were going into her arm.