25

Traveling at high velocity across a planet in a mechanical lion was exhilarating enough. Couple it with dodging fire from both the good and bad guys and you were in for a party. All she wanted to do was save a planet, not get blown up. It was a time like this that Charlotte was thankful for all her piloting lessons at the Garrison. Along with all the time she spent with Keith watching him pilot the red lion. Piloting the silver lion just became natural in a sense.

By reopening her communication channel Charlotte is flooded with familiar voices. A wave of emotion hits her and it is like music to her ears. By muting herself she keeps an ear out or any sudden changes in their plans without them knowing it is her. Just being able to listen to their voices was plenty for now. Tapping a button on the screen in front of her she accepts a request from Percy back at the castle. An image of the squirrel pops up. In the background she could hear Chief Rozarc calming the rest of his tribe.

"I've spoken with the princess. She's informed me that the lions have split into two seperate teams. Half will deal with the forces still in space while the rest will assist you in destroying those remaining here on planet Broiclea." Percy relays and Charlotte sees him tapping away on a control console.

"Listen to me very carefully. There's a fire spreading on the surface. I'll do my best to direct it elsewhere but I need assistance from the blue lion. Tell Allura but make sure the others don't know it is me. They need to focus on the mission. We can't afford distractions." Charlotte instructs punching in a code on the dash in front of her. A blade materializes in the silver lion's mouth. Piloting to a large boulder she begins to hack away. Her plan was to make the rocks small enough to be carried but large enough to snuff out some of the fire.

"It just so happens that is precisely who Allura has decided to send. Along with...someone else." She didn't like how Percy's tone suddenly changed. As if he was treading on thin ice.

A sudden realization dawns on her and she feels her palms become clammy. He would only act that way if it was someone she was dreading to see. The silver lion nearly drops the large boulder it was carrying in its claws as she fumbles with the controls. Her tongue felt like sandpaper as she swallowed the bile that threatened to rise from her throat.

"You've got to be quiznacking kidding me."

Percy gives her an apologetic look. "I'm afraid so, as much as those two bicker they do make quite a good team."

"Alright, I can do this. First we save the planet then I'll figure out the rest." Charlotte psyches herself up setting down the large rock in an attempt to redirect the flames toward the riverbank.

"I will be here if you need me my dear." Bidding her goodbye for the moment Percy cancels out the call.

Biting on Charlotte lip she feels the lion take on damage. Turning the lion around her turquoise eyes narrow at the sight. More Galra cruisers were slipping through the cracks in team Voltron's defense. There were sentries on foot also making their way to the castle where the Broicleans were in hiding. The barrier wouldn't hold around the castle forever and when it falls they wouldn't stand a chance. I could really use that back up right now.

Violet colored bullets were shot at the red and blue lion at a rapid pace. Keith and Lance were sent into Broiclea's surface to stop the forces that managed to slip through. Shiro, Pidge and Hunk stayed outside the planet's atmosphere to dispose of the battleship with covering fire from The Castle of Lions.

Neither of the boys knew what to expect on the foreign planet. Especially not the massive fire spreading along the surface. It burned everything in its path turning the once thriving plant life to ash. They notice a machine much like their own lions taking on heavy fire as it struggles to direct the blazing inferno elsewhere.