23

Percy grabs Charlotte's attention away from the Silver Lion to a row of machines on the back wall of the room. She recognized them almost immediately and made her way around the lion. Now that she found it she could spend a few moments searching the mysterious new place.

"Those are cryopods aren't they? Do you think anyone could be inside them?" She questions while walking closer.

"It isn't impossible. Princess Allura and sir Coran lasted quite a long while inside them until we woke them up." Percy shrugs.

Crossing to the control panel Charlotte places her hand upon the ruby red orb. A screen flashes to light before her eyes showing a language she's never seen before in previous databanks. Looks like random button pushing time to me. She types in various sequences into the keyboard in front of her. Each of them being met with an error code. One code made the screen briefly flash blue before returning to normal. After trying for a good ten minutes or so Percy was voting for her to stop.

"Just one more I think I'm getting the hang of it." Pressing a new string of keys Charlotte presses the large enter button and waits. No error code. Doing a little celebratory dance she hears the pods beginning to open one by one. Every one of them releasing puffs of mist into the air. Looking into one of the opened pods she sees the sleeping face of a humanoid alien.

"They're the same as the ones the Galra slaughtered." Walking down the row she notices they are mostly of the same species. Some were children, others were as old as a grandparent. A few pods housed creatures she hoped to be friendly. As the aliens began to wake up Charlotte backed up and stood by the control console.

The first to leave their pod was a young man much taller than herself. Robes of black cloth lined with fur covered his body. A bronze pendant with a clasp hung around his neck. His dark purple eyes blinked slowly searching the room. His face is a mixture of confusion, shock and curiosity when locking his gaze onto Charlotte. She watched him cautiously. Even if they just woke up from a long sleep they could turn on her in an instant.

"W-who are you?" He croaked taking a shaky step. She rushes forward to grab his arm as he falls forward. With her help he settles himself into a seated position on the floor. Following his example, those who were now awake sit on the ground to fully regain the feeling in their legs. Most of them watched the brunette's every move trying to see if she was a friend or foe.

"My name is Charlotte and this is Percy. We crash landed on this planet." Charlotte explains taking a seat across from the alien. "May I ask your name?"

"Rozarc. I was the Chieftain of my people before...before the attack." Rozarc frowns to himself as he recalls the event.

Charlotte bows her head respectfully upon learning that he is the one in charge. "Would you mind telling me how you came across the Silver Lion? According to a friend of mine it has not been seen or heard of in over ten thousand years." She gestures behind them to the mechanical feline. Murmurs of alarm came from Rozarc's tribe. They couldn't fathom the fact that so much time had passed while they slept soundly.

"Tell her nothing! She is an outsider and a liar. For all we know she could be a spy for the Galra come to finish us off." A voice shouts from across the room. Heavy footsteps cross the floor and Charlotte looks over to see the source of the noise. Another alien with milky-white skin. Cerulean robes covered his body. Only the sleeves seemed to be missing. His stature was confident and unlike the Chieftain he had large biceps with protruding green veins. His blood red eyes stared down at Charlotte with contempt as he reached out to grab her. Percy began to chitter angrily on her shoulder and Charlotte has to place a hand on his head to silence him.

"That is for me to judge Tarphaz I am still your Chieftain." Rozarc grabs the man's wrist before he could touch Charlotte.

"Brother you must-"