Chapter Thirty-Six

We were fighting off a ton of aliens, and I must admit, it was pretty fun. I kept getting pretty lucky and managed to shoot many in the head, saving my bullets. Steve did his usual throwing of the shield and punching and kicking the aliens. Though, I found Romanoff's moves much more interesting. She would charge at them with no problem and take them down in a heartbeat. 

As I was about to shoot another alien, I felt something hit me in my back, causing me to drop my guns as I fell to the ground. I quickly looked behind me to see an alien have his gun pointed towards me. I heard the gun start up, ready to fire at me, when suddenly, it was hit by Steve's shield. I looked behind me to see Steve rushing to my side and he helped me up. 

"You've been saving me quite a lot since you woke up," I pointed out.

"Well, you did that a lot back at camp," he said with a small smile. I chuckled lightly, but it was interrupted when I saw an alien rushing to Steve's back. 

"Catch me," I quickly said as I grabbed his shoulders, and swung my legs to his side, kicking the charging alien with enough force to send it flying a couple of feet. I looked at Steve, who had a shocked look on his face. "Now, I just saved you." I said with a small smirk. Without warning, he swung me and I ended up kicking a couple of aliens, sending them back a great distance. 

"And I just saved you," he noted as he placed me onto the ground. He grabbed his shield and I grabbed my guns and we fought our way to meet up with Romanoff. We hopped onto a bridge to be greeted with her holding an alien gun at us. She had a streak of blood coming from her head and her lip was busted a little. She lowered the gun and rested on the trunk of a taxi.

"Captain, Lieutenant, none of this is going to mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal," she said as she glanced up at the portal in the sky.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it." Steve said.

"Well, maybe it's not about guns." Romanoff said. 

"If you want to get up there, you're going to need a ride." I told her.

"I got a ride," she said as she tossed the alien gun on the ground and started walking away. At that moment, a few alien air crafts flew above our heads and I immediately knew what she was thinking. "I can use a boost though," she called to us. Steve backed up and set his shield in front of him as I stepped out of their way. 

"Are you sure about this?" He asked her.

"Yeah. It's gonna be fun," she said, sounding a little unsure. She then charged at a car, hopped into it and then hopped onto the shield as Steve pushed her into the air, and luckily, she grabbed hold of an aircraft. 

"Worked out better-" I stopped when a shot was fired at us, but hit the wall beside us. Steve and I directed our attention onto the aliens that were coming at us. I grabbed my guns and Steve started it off by throwing his shield and charging at the aliens. I followed, guns blazing. After a while, Tony came flying in, blasting the aliens, which helped us greatly. He then flew off and Steve and I continued fighting off the last few remaining aliens.

"Lieutenant and Captain, the bank on 42nd past Madison. They cornered a lot of civilians in there." Barton told us through the earpiece. 

"We're on it," I answered as I pulled Steve along. We hurried to the bank and quickly made our way up the the second floor with ease. We hopped through the window to find an alien holding a strange thing that was beeping. Steve threw his shield at the alien, knocking it out of it's hand. Two other aliens saw us and began firing at us, but we quickly took cover behind some desks. 

We then quickly kicked the desk at the aliens and Steve got up, hopped over the desk, and started to punch the alien. I followed and I quickly kicked the alien over the railing. "Everyone, clear out!" Steve yelled to them. Suddenly, an alien knocked me forward into the railing and took Steve from behind.