Chapter One

I was arriving back to the camp, after a long night of training. Lately, we've been under a lot of stress, trying to make sure we were well prepared for a fight against the Nazis. They've been a major threat to Europe and the United States just recently got pulled in, and it is my job to protect and help those in need. As I walked to my cabin, I heard someone call my name.

"Lt. Thomson!" I heard someone call. I turned my head, to see my friend, Agent Carter, walking toward me. Agent Carter and I have been friends since I've joined this division. She's practically the only female that actually fights on the battlefield with me. She's practically like an older sister to me. One who'd work their hardest to protect you from danger. She was that type of person and I admired it greatly.

"Yes, Agent Carter?" I asked her, as she came closer. "Colonel Phillips wants us to meet the new recruits. I was looking all over for you, but you were nowhere to be found." She told me. "I was just getting back from a late night of training, " I told her, "but, I'll be there in shortly".

She nodded her head, and began walking away. "Oh, Peggy!" I called after her. She stopped in her tracks and turned to face me. "Don't rough them up too badly until I get there". I said, a smirk slowly formed on my lips. Peggy smiled, and nodded her head.

I walked into my cabin, and grabbed a clean uniform. I needed to change, since the one I was wearing was covered in dirt and sweat. It was truly uncomfortable. I then took a really relaxing shower, and once I finished, I fixed my hair into a simple bun, making sure my hair stayed out of my face, and I colored my lips a beautiful shade of red.

I walked out my cabin, to be greeted by Peggy in a jeep. "Do you need a lift?" She asked with a smile. I smiled and nodded my head. "That would be really appreciated." I said, as I walked towards Peggy and hopped into the jeep. Peggy then began to drive off. "So, do you think they'll take kindly to having women as their superiors?" I asked her. She chuckled.

"Most likely not. But, that won't be a problem for us. Especially you." She said with a smiled. I shrugged my shoulders. "What can I say? I don't take disrespect, and I need to keep them in line," I smirked playfully, "besides, you shouldn't be the one to talk. You had one man in the infirmary for a week." I teased. She chuckled.

"And you once had a man in there for a month." She teased. We both laughed, as we came to the center of the camp. We got out the jeep, and walked to the line of men. They all looked tall, and very strong. However, one of them stood out to me. He was scrawny, short, and looked as if he lacked skill with combat.

"Recruits, Attention!" Peggy called. The men straightened up, and held their heads up high. "Gentlemen, I am Lt. Thomson and this is Agent Carter." I informed them. "We supervise all operations of this division". Peggy finished.

"What's with the accent, Queen Victoria?" A man asked. Peggy and I directed our attention on him. "I thought I was signing up for the U.S. Army." He finished with a small smirk. "What's your name, Soldier?" Peggy asked. "Gilmore Hodge, your majesty." Gilmore said, slightly smiling.

Peggy and I exchanged a look, and she nodded her head. I smiled slightly, and turned to look back at Gilmore. "Step forward, Hodge," I ordered. He stepped forward towards me. "Put your right foot forward," I demanded. He placed his right foot forward, following my orders.

"Ooh, we gonna wrestle? 'Cause I got I few moves I know you'll like." He winked at me. I chuckled lightly, and threw my fist into his nose, sending him to the ground. I looked over at the men.

"Any more objections?" I asked to the men. They shook their heads. "Good." I said through a smile. I looked at Gilmore, as he laid on the ground. "We may be women, but we sure can hit like a man," I smirked.

"Lt. Thomson!" I heard someone call my name. I turned, to see Colonel Phillips walking towards us. "Colonel Phillips." Peggy and I both greeted him. "I can see that you're breaking in the candidates. That's good." Colonel Phillips said, as he walked closer to us. He looked over at Gilmore, who was struggling to get up.

"Get your ass up out of that dirt, and stand up in that lineup at attention until somebody comes and tells you what to do." He told Gilmore. "Yes, sir," Gilmore said as he stood up. He tried to sniff up the blood, that was coming from his nose, from my punch. It served him right for being so disrespectful.

"General Patton has said, 'War's are fought with weapons, but they are won by men'. We are going to win this war, because we have the best men. And because they're gonna get better...much better. The Strategic Scientific Reserve is an allied effort. Made up with the best minds of the free world. Our goal, is to create the best army in history. But every army, starts with one man. At the end of a few weeks, we will chose that man. He'll be the first of a new breed of Super Soldiers. And they, will personally escort Adolf Hitler, through the gates of Hell." Colonel Phillips said.

"Fall out!" I ordered. The men walked away toward their cabin. As I looked at the men, I glanced at the scrawny man as he walked away, and I couldn't help but wonder why he was here. I quickly walked to the soldier, and placed my hand on his shoulder. He turned and faced me. He was a few inches shorter than me, which wasn't very normal. "What's your name, Soldier?" I asked him.

"Rogers, sir-I mean ma'am." He stuttered.

"Are you sure you want to be here? You don't look very...fit for it." I tried to mind my words, hoping to not seem too mean towards him. I was mainly concerned. "It's not about size, ma'am. It's about heart. And I got a hell of a lot of it." Rogers said.

I smiled slightly. I've never once heard a man say that. He was different compared to the other soldiers I've met. I nod my head in agreement. "Off you go, Rogers." I said as I gently pushed him away. I watched as he made his way to his cabin. I walked back, to join Peggy and Dr. Erskine. "Hello Dr. Erskine. It's very nice to see you again." I said with a kind smile and he returned a smile.

"Ah, Danielle. It's wonderful to see you. I need to have a word with you, actually," he told me. "Sure, of course," I agreed. He walked toward me, and placed him arm on my shoulder, and we began walking away from Peggy. "Is it serious?" I asked him. "Depends. It could change your life forever." He said.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this first chapter! Don't forget to comment some feedback and vote. Thanks!