Chapter Twelve

Steve, Peggy, Howard, and I were in a plane, heading for the Hydra camp. I was able to convince Howard to fly us, in order for us to get to the base faster, and save the men who are being held captive by Hydra. We should at least try to rescue them, before it's too late, right? 

Peggy was showing Steve and I a map of the area, explaining to us the location of the Hydra camp. "The Hydra camp is in Krossberg. It's up between these two mountain ranges. It's a factory of some kind," Peggy explained. 

"We should be able to drop you two around the doorstep." Howard told us. 

"Just get us as close as you can." I told Howard. 

"You know you two are going to be in a lot of trouble when you land," Steve informed them.

"And you two won't?" Peggy asked. I smiled slightly.

"Where we're going, if anybody yell at us, we can just shoot them," I simply stated. 

"And they will undoubtedly shoot back," she retorted. 

"Well, let's hope this is good for something," Steve said as he knocked on his shield. I smiled slightly. The idea of going back out into a fight, makes me feel giddy and happy. I haven't done anything for the army, other than sell bonds, and being able to actually do something again, makes me happy. 

"Lt. Thomson, if your back before dawn, I thought we could maybe go to Usurea for a late night Fondue," Howard suggested. I glanced at Steve, who seemed to stiffen a little bit. 

"Stark is the best civilian pilot I've ever seen. He's mad enough to brave this air space. We're lucky to have him," I said. Steve nodded his head.

"So you two?" Steve started pointing at Howard and I. "Do you...Fondue?" He asked me. I looked at Peggy, nervously. Luckily, she understood, and took out two transponders.

"This is your transponder, activate it when you're ready. The signal will lead us straight to the two of you," she told us. She handed Steve and I our transponders.

"Are you sure this thing work?" Steve asked Howard. 

"It tested more than you, pal," Howard told him. Within a few moments, the plane started to be attacked. Steve got up, and walked to the door of the plane. I followed, but Peggy grabbed my arm. 

"Get back here, we're taking you all the way there." Peggy quickly said. Steve opened the door, and held onto the handles by the archway. 

"As soon as we're clear, you turn this thing around and get the hell out of here." Steve told Peggy.

"You can't give me orders." She told him. 

"The hell he can't. He's a Captain," I told her. Then, Steve jumped out the plan. I looked at Peggy, who had a concerned look on her face.