Chapter Twenty-Seven

Steve, Romanoff, and I were all in a jet heading for Germany. I was slightly excited about this who plan. I mean, I haven't had to fight anyone in years and I can't help but feel excited about it. Maybe it's because I'm a bit of an army girl or maybe I enjoy fighting for what's right. I was loading my guns as Steve placed his mask on. 

"You know, we're trying to take him in, not kill him." Steve reminded me. I stopped and looked at him, and noticed a slight smirk. 

"Maybe I'm just trying to be prepared. You have a shield and all I have are guns. I need protection too," I explained. 

"I can be your protection," He smirked as he gently patted his shield. I chuckled lightly and placed my mask on. I looked over at Romanoff, who was pressing a few buttons as she piloted the jet. 

"We're here Lieutenant and Cap," she told us as she lowered the hatch. Steve and I walked to the edge to see Loki pointing a scepter at an elderly man as he stood in a crowd that were surrounded by kneeling citizens. They all held faces that were full of fear and it was all because of Loki.

"You should go first. You're more...prepared." I told him. He nodded his head and just as Loki fired the scepter, Steve jumped down and deflected the blast, causing it to hit Loki in the stomach and fall to the ground. I then dropped down and stood beside Steve. Loki glared at us, but it didn't faze me. Him and his strange get-up with weird reindeer antler helmet didn't faze me, one bit. 

"You know, the last time we were in Germany..." I started as we walked toward Loki, "and saw a man standing above everybody else..."

"We ended up disagreeing". Steve finished with a small smile.

"The soldiers," Loki chuckled as he stood up. "The man and woman out of time," he finished as he cockily grinned at us. 

"We're not the ones who's out of time." Steve smirked. 

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." I heard Romanoff's voice over the jet's PA. At that moment, Loki blasted the scepter at the jet, but Romanoff managed to move just in time. Then, Steve threw his shield at Loki and we rushed up to him. I punched Loki, who seemed slightly stunned by my attack. When he went to hit me, Steve blocked his scepter with his shield, but Loki took that opportunity and hit him in the stomach with the other end of his scepter, causing him to be sent back some feet. 

I then took the moment and I went to punch Loki again, but missed. When he swung his scepter at me, I bent back, barely missing it. He tried to hit me again, but I dodge it and managed to knee him in the stomach. He quickly recovered and hit me in the back with the scepter and sent me flying to the ground. I tried to get up, but Loki held my head down with his scepter. 

"Kneel." He growled. I grabbed the end of his scepter and smirked. 

"Not today!" I said as I stood up and kneed him in the face. Steve charged at him and we both attacked him again. As I went to punch him, he kicked me in the stomach, nearly knocking the wind from me. He then picked up Steve and tossed him to the ground. I was about to get up, when I started hearing loud music. I looked up in the sky and I saw something coming straight at Steve and Loki. Suddenly, there was a blast from it, which sent Loki to some stairs. 

When the thing landed, I realized it was a suit, and I remembered the only person capable of having it. Anthony Stark. I watched as Stark held up his hands towards Loki, and there were tiny guns that stood out of his suit that were aimed at Loki as well. "Make your move, Reindeer Games." Stark told him. Steve helped me up, and we both walked to Stark's side. I watched as Loki switched from his strange armor and into less strange attire. 

Stark put his weapons down. "Good move." He told Loki, who was holding his hands up, surrendering to us.

"Mr. Stark." Steve said. 

"Captain, Lieutenant."He greeted. I walked to Loki and I escorted him onto the jet, where Romanoff handcuffed him. I must admit, for a woman who was frozen for decades and hasn't done anything since the 40's, I still had it. I can move as good then as I do now.