Chapter Two

As Dr. Erskine and I walked to my cabin. I told him about how last night's training, and he praised me on my hard work. Dr. Erskine is a really great man. He's somewhat like a father figure to me. While other's think I'm crazy for being in the army, he's the one to cheer me on. Must I add, his stories are quite interesting, and he has one strange sense of humor. 

When we entered my cabin, Dr. Erskine made his way to a chair that sat by my bed. I sat on my bed, and undid the buckles on my shoes. "So, what is it, Dr. Erskine?" I asked. 

"You know about the program, right?" He asked me. I nod my head.

"The one about making a stronger army? Of course I know." I told him, as I pulled one of my shoes off. "Why do you ask?" I asked, as I went to grab my other shoe. 

"Well, there's more to that, than you know," he said. I looked at him, my head cocked slightly to the side. 

"What do you mean by that?" I asked. He grabbed my hands, and looked me in the eyes. He isn't the one to usually show this type of action, and it worried me. "What is it, Doctor?" I asked. 

"You know, I've been watching you over the few years. I know about your skills and assets you've used for this division...and I have an offer," he said. I gave him a worried look. 

"Where are you getting at, Doctor? What does my skills have to do with anything?"

He grabs something from his coat pocket, and handed it to me. I realized it was a photo of Johann Schmidt. "Why do you have a photo of Johann Schmidt?" I asked him. 

"As a reminder, of what not to do," he said. I looked at him, puzzled by his answer. "Before I came here, I was very popular in Germany. So popular, even Hitler himself comes looking for me," he began. I gave him my full attention and listened. "He hears of my work, and he finds me. The he says, 'you...you will make us strong'. Well, I am not interested. So, he sends the head of HYDRA, East Research Division. A brilliant scientist by the name of, Johann Schmidt. Now, Schmidt is a member of the inner circle, and he's ambitious. Even Hitler shares his passion for, occult power and Tatanic myth." Dr. Erskine said.

"I'm sorry Doctor, but what does this have to do with me?" I asked him. He smiled slightly.

"May I finish my story?" He asked. I chuckled.

"Go on."I encouraged him. 

"Now, Hitler uses his fantasies to inspire his followers, but for Schmidt, it is not fantasy. For him, it's real. He has become convinced that there is a great power, hidden in the Earth, left here by the Gods, waiting to be seized by superior men. So, when he has found my formula and what it can do, he cannot resist. Schmidt wants to become that superior man."

"Did it make him stronger?" I asked. 

"Da. But, it has other effects. The serum wasn't ready. But, more importantly, the man. The serum amplifies everything that is inside, so...good becomes great, bad becomes worst. This is why, I'm having this talk with you." He finished.

I tried to processes everything he had just said to me. "So, you want to inject me, with the serum?" I asked. He nodded his head. "Why me? I'm nothing but a woman, who hardly anyone takes seriously." I told him. 

"You have heart, compassion, and you fight for what's right, not for your enjoyment. You've been through hell, during your time here, but you never gave up. I know that you're a great choice for this project." Dr. Erskine said.

I smiled slightly. Maybe he's right about this. Maybe it'll be great for the division. "Are you sure this is a smart idea? What are the chances it'll work?" I asked.

"I've been perfecting the serum for years. I'm sure it'll work." He said. I took a deep breath and nodded my head. 

"I'll do it." I told him He smiled, and stood up, and started for the door. I couldn't help but think of Rogers. "Dr. Erskine," I called after him. He stopped, and turned to face me. "Did you bring that Rogers here, for that?" I asked him. 

"I have a feeling about him. A very strong feeling about him." He told me. I nodded my head, and Dr. Erskine walked out my cabin. Rogers did seem different, compared to everyone else. When he said that he had heart, most men would've said they wanted to kill the Nazis. I have a feeling about Rogers, but I can't tell what that feeling is.