Chapter Forty-Seven

A few weeks have gone passed after Nathan was born. Steve remained with S.H.I.E.L.D. as Danielle decided to take a break from it. She wanted to focus more on their son, as he needed all the attention he could get. Sadly, the two discovered that Nathan was beginning to gain some of the health issues that Steve once faced. However, Nathan isn't as bad as Steve once was. He only developed high blood pressure, color-blindness, and asthma. The two didn't expect this to happen, but Steve was great support as he has had a large amount of experience dealing with those health issues. 

It was Sunday, mid afternoon. Steve was out gathering some groceries while Danielle was home with Nathan. She was busy trying to feed him, wishing that afterwards, he'd get sleepy and fall asleep. Danielle had dark circles under her eyes, due to the lack of sleep. She's read about how newborns tend to keep you up all night and their sleeping schedule may be weird, and she thought she could handle it, but in all honesty, she wasn't ready. 

Danielle stood in the kitchen, warming up the formula for Nathan. She tried to fight off a yawn as she found herself quickly growing tired. She tiredly rubbed her eyes and ran a hand through her blonde locks, frustrated with herself. She could fight off an army of aliens, zip line onto a train, and take on a God, but she couldn't stay awake to care for a baby. She couldn't believe herself. 

When a light ding went off, indicating that the milk was warm enough, she took the bottle and headed down the hall to Nathan's room. She walked into the beautifully decorated room and headed towards the crib where Nathan laid. He had blue eyes like his father and the cutest little nose she had ever seen. He reminded her a lot of Steve. She placed the bottle down on a nearby table and then reached into the crib and carefully picked him up. She carefully cradled him in her arms and then reached for the bottle of milk. 

She gently tapped the tip of the bottle onto Nathan's cheek and watched as his mouth opened up and she gently placed the tip into his mouth. He gently closed his mouth on it and began to drink the milk. Danielle was happy that she learned about the rooting reflex while reading those pregnancy books. She stared at her son in awe, still not believing that she was now a mother. 

After sometime, Nathan opened his mouth and refused to drink anymore as he was satisfied. Danielle then put the bottle back on the table and grabbed a small blanket and placed it on one of her shoulders and carefully rested her son on her shoulder, preparing him to be burped. She gently patted his back in a soothing rhythm, also gently bouncing him to help encourage him to burp. 

After what seemed like forever, Nathan finally burped, pleasing Danielle. She gently placed him back into the crib and gave him a soft kiss on his forehead. She only hoped that he'd fall asleep for a bit to give her a small break. She took the blanket that was on her shoulder and gently tossed it onto a nearby table and grabbed the empty bottle off the table and left the room. 

She rinse out the bottle in the kitchen and placed it into the sink. She tiredly made her way to the couch and attempted to watch a movie that was on the TV. But before she could even start watching it for five minutes, she dozed off and fell asleep. 

Steve was now returning home with some bags of groceries in his hand. He made his way into the apartment and the first thing he saw was Danielle sleeping on the couch. A small, sheepish smile formed on his lips as he watched his wife fast asleep. He walked into the kitchen and sat the groceries onto the counter and made his way back into the living room and made his way to the couch. He reached down and gently took Danielle into his arms, making sure not to move her too much to where she wakes up. 

He then slowly made his way to their bedroom, Danielle gently stirring in her sleep. This only caused Steve to chuckle lightly. He pushed the door open with his foot and walked to their bed and gently placed her down onto it. He pulled the covers over her, making sure she was tucked in. He then stared down at her and moved a stray hair out of her face and gently kissed her forehead. 

"You need a break," he lightly whispered. Steve then walked out their room, quietly closing their door and heading back to the kitchen to put away the groceries. 

A/N: Hey, guys! It would be greatly appreciated if I got more feedback from you guys. I just wanna know what you guys think of how this story is going and/or ways I could improve it.