Chapter 33

Once the movie was over, I was scared out of my wits. Other than that, I thought it was a well-directed movie. It's great being with Jeremy and Gabby. It’s nice not having to worry about anything else, well, except for possibly a demon or a devil trying to possess you.

“Well, I’m heading to bed,” I inform Jeremy and Gabby.

“Awe, do you have to?” Jeremy asks.

“Yes,” I tell him.

“Why don’t you open up that gift that I saw on the kitchen counter?” he suggests.

“Yeah, you should,” Gabby insists.

“Oh, okay, but once I open it, you better take a picture of me,” I tell them, “I don’t want to have my dad miss out on my look when I open the gift.”

“Okay, I will,” Gabby tells me.

I then head to the kitchen and grab the gift off of the counter, and head back to the living room. Once there, I sit down on the chair and start opening the package.

“I wonder what my Aunt Marie sent me this time,” I exclaim, as I finish taking off the wrapping paper. “Gabby, once I unwrap what is in here, take the picture,” I tell her.

“Okay, I will,” Gabby says, as she gets the camera on her phone ready.

Then I open up the box and see tissue paper. After taking out some of the tissue paper, I take out my gift.  Then Gabby takes the picture.

After taking the picture, Gabby looks at it and asks me, “Ashley, are you okay?”

“Ashley, are you alright?” Jeremy asks.

“What the hell is this?!” I ask out loud.

“What is it, Ashley?” Jeremy asks.

“That fuckin’ bastard!” I yell out, “I’m going to kill him when he least expects it.”

“What did he do now?” Gabby asks, being worried.

“He sent me this,” I tell her, as I show her the picture of him with a mask on while holding a bloody knife. There was a caption at the bottom that read: Happy Halloween, Darling.

“Who the hell sent you this, Ashley?” Jeremy asks.

“Uh, you know that night you met Gabby?” I ask him.

“Yeah,” he says.

“Well, that guy we escaped from is now wanting revenge by kidnapping us, raping us, torturing us, and then eventually…” I say.

“…killing us,” Gabby finishes up, “he also plans to do the torturing in front of us like, him torturing Ashley in front of me and vies versa.”

“Why haven’t you told me this?” he asks me.

“Well, I didn’t think he would do it at first,” I tell him, “I thought that when we escaped that he wouldn't bother us anymore, but that’s not the case though.”

“Ashley,” Jeremy says.

“Yeah,” I say.

“Why the hell didn’t you tell me sooner?” he asks, loudly, as he stands up.

“I don’t know,” I tell him, as I stand up

“Why?!” he questions me, still being loud and now being demanding.

“I don’t know, okay, I don’t know,” I tell him, as I started tearing up.

 “Why can’t you just give me a damn reason why?” he asks, pushing me to cry even harder.