Chapter 27

“Who!?” Leslie asks, confused, “who the hell are you fucking going to kill, Ashley!?”

“That bitch, Shelly,” I state.

“Oh, you think she’s the one who…?” Leslie starts to say before trailing off from her words after I gave her a nod, “oh, okay.”

“So, I also have a pretty great idea on how Shelly was the one who was holding Jeremy up today, twice,” I theorize.

“Uh, are you sure about that, Ashley?” Leslie asks, being unsure, “it could’ve been a teacher that held him before he could head to lunch about an assignment or something.”

“If so, what about him getting held up after school?” I rebut with.

“Well, you’re probably half right,” Leslie states.

“HALF RIGHT!?” I yell, “how could I only be 'half right'?”

“You can’t really assume that it was her,” Leslie tells me, “unless you were to…”

“Unless I were to what?” I question.

“Unless you were to confront her,” Leslie tells me.

“That I don’t know about,” I say, “I don’t want her thinking that I am jealous of HER.”

“Um, how about we talk to Jeremy about it tomorrow,” Leslie suggests, “I’m sure he’ll tell us what was holding him up then.”

“Yeah, we could, but let’s think about it,” I say, “the phone conversation was a little strange.”

“Yes, it was,” Leslie says, “and if she was the one talking on the phone, she must’ve been trying to tell Jeremy to break up with you so they could get back together.”

“Well, duh, that has to be it,” I tell her, “there’s no other reason for her to call him if it wasn’t about that.”

“You know what,” she begins with, “I think we should go and talk to her tomorrow after school.”

“Why would we want to do that?” I ask her.

“It’s the only way,” Leslie states, “there will practically be no one surrounding us.”

“Or, we could follow her to her house?” I suggest.

“Mm, maybe, but I don’t think she’s that stupid,” she says.

“Uh, how do you know?” I ask.

“She has done some competitions with the nerds before,” she tells me, “she may act one way, but she is totally the other way.”

“I know, but why would she act like that?” I thought aloud, “is it her family’s reputation that she doesn’t want to mess up or her’s?”

“I don’t know, but we'll have to find out,” Leslie tells me.

Even though it’s off topic, I nod in agreement anyways. So, that night we each go on a computer and look up her family’s name. We look through all the articles and pages that had to do anything with her family. Then, I find a familiar website, the school’s website. I thought, sure, there is going to be something about Shelly on this website, but what more is there about her here and her family? I wonder if any of the staff and/or teachers are related to her somehow. Okay, I’m clicking on the link to go to another page. Here we are. Mm, there’s nothing here, nope, nothing here, and no…wait! How could this be? This can’t be true. Oh, fuck, damn it, why?! This can’t be happening. UGH!

“Hey, Ashley, did you find anything yet?” Leslie asks, taking me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, yeah, big time,” I inform her, “are you on the school’s website?”