Chapter 11

Then I call Chris to make sure that he was at his friend's house and nowhere else.

"Hello," Chris says into the phone. 

"Hey," I reply back.

"Why are you calling me?" Chris questions me.

"I was making sure you were okay," I answer.

"Oh, okay," he says, "well, do you think I can stay the night here at Kyle's or something?"

"Um, I don't know," I say, " why are you asking me and not Dad?"

"I don't want to ask him," he tells me.

"Why not?" I question.

"Because Dad thinks I am here too much," Chris tells me.

I think about it before answering. Then I say, "Okay, I guess you can stay there overnight."

"Yes," Chris cheerfully says, " thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you."

"But, do you have any clothes to wear tomorrow?" I ask him.

"No, but do you mind bringing some to me, please?" he asks.

"Okay," I reply with, "do you care what clothes I bring?"

"Yes, please" he replies, "it has to be something stylish and comfortable."

I laugh while saying, "Okay, Chris, will do."

"Bye," Chris says.

"Bye," I say to him, "and love you."

"Love you, too, Ashley," he says before hanging up.

"Thank goodness he's okay," I say, with a sigh of relief.

"Why wouldn't he be?" Jeremy asks me.

"I don't know," I tell him, "something just didn't seem right when we walked in the house."

"Oh," he says to me.

After that, we get everything my brother needs and we head over to go bring it to him.

Once we were at Kyle's house, I knock on the door and his mother answers the door.

"Hello, Mrs. Crawford," I say.

"Well, hello, Ashley," she says, " and why are you here on this fine evening?"

"I'm here to drop some stuff off for my brother, Chris," I answer.

"Oh, well, come in you two," she says, while motioning us to come in.

"Um, where is he?" I ask her.

"Oh, he's in Kyle's bedroom upstairs," she tells me.

"Thank you," I say to her. Then I tell Jeremy, "I'll be right back."

"Okay," he says.

Then he gives me a peck on the cheek. After that, I go upstairs to give Chris his stuff. Once I found the room, I knock on the door politely.

"Yes," someone from inside the room calls out. Then someone opens the door. It was Kyle and when he sees that it's me, he asks, "What is a fine lady like you doing here?"

"This fine lady is trying to give her brother his stuff," I say, "so, where is he?"

"In the bathroom," he tells me.

"Okay," I say.

While waiting for Chris to come back from the bathroom, there is an awkward silence in the room. The first reason iss that Kyle just kept staring at me, and the second one is, because we were alone.