Chapter 30

------------------------------AUTHOR'S NOTE------------------------------

Hello there. I would just like to tell you that this chapter 29 and this chapter are probably favorite chapters of mine. Once you read or have read them, you'll probably understand why then. So, thank you and enjoy this chapter.

------------------------------NOW ON TO THE STORY------------------------------

After I lock the front door, I hear crying coming from the living room. At first, I thought it was coming from the television, but when I walk into the room, I see Gabby curled up on the couch. She lifts up her head and looks at me with tears in her eyes.

“Oh my, gosh, Gabby,” I say, running towards her, “are you alright? Why are you crying?”

“The-the-the ph…” Gabby tries saying before uncontrollable tears come out of her eyes.

“Your phone, the house phone?” I ask, figuring that was what she was trying to say. She nods her head. “Which phone, Gabby?” I ask, “I need to know which phone you are talking about.” She then points to an iPhone sitting on the table, which I’m thinking is hers. “Is this it?” I ask her to confirm that this is the phone she was talking about.

“Yes,” she tells me.

“What’s on it?” I ask her.

“Just look at the message,” she spits out at me, before looking away from her phone.

I look at the message that came from an unknown number and it read: “Hello darling, how are you and your runaway friend doing? You may have your freedom now, but I will come and find you, bitch. When I do, I will kidnap you and chain you up. Then I will hurt you and torture you.

“Oh, my, gosh,” I say, shocked by the message so far.

“Just keep reading,” she tells me, as she sniffles in between her words.

So, I keep reading the message: Your little bitch of an escapee friend will be kidnapped as well, and for your entertainment, I will torture her in front of you and see how you feel then. Afterwards, I will do the same to you in front of her. Eventually, I will slice you both up when the time is right and bury you somewhere where nobody will find you two. The police may search and search, but the case will turn cold and I will get away with it. In the end, everybody won’t care to look for your dead bodies anymore. Sweet dreams, and I’ll see ya when you least expect it, sweetheart.

After reading those words, I cover my mouth with my right hand and start to cry. I throw the phone across the room away from me. I get really pissed and scared at that point. I go and sit with Gabby, and hug her really tight. We don’t let go for a while. Eventually,  we let go of each other.

“How the hell did Zane send that to you?” I ask, demandingly.

I was getting pissed more now about the text than I was before.

“Well, I had that phone for a while and when he kidnapped me, I guess he put his number into my phone and vies versa,” she explains to me.

“Well, it said ‘unknown number’,” I remind her, “he must have gotten an untraceable phone after we got away, but he probably only transferred your phone number into it.”

“But, why the hell would he do that?” she asks.

“Well, from the message, I say he’s pretty pissed and wants to get revenge,” I tell her, “and I don’t think that’s the last message he’ll be sending to you, me, or us.”

“Why can’t that be it?” she asks, “why can’t that be the one and only message?”

“Well, it’s hard to explain,” I tell her, “but he did wait almost a week before he sent the message.”