Chapter 41

Then I was woken up by a familiar voice. I open my eyes to see that it was Richard and his team.

"Ashley, wake up," he tells me, "we've got to go now!"

"Okay, but why are we rushing?" I question, "and Gabby and I can't really go anywhere without these chains off of us."

"We want to make sure Z doesn't come onto us," he informs me, "and don't worry, we've taken care of the chains. Now, let me carry you out."

I nod my head as I say, "Now, tell them to be careful with Gabby, she's pregnant you know."

"Yes, I know, and I've already informed them about that," he tells me, "she was the first to be put on the gurney in the ambulance."

"Oh, thank god," I say as I hug Richard around his neck.

I couldn't believe it, Gabby and I we're going to be free from this hell. I pinched myself a couple times. This wasn't a dream, this wasn't a dream. I was free. When Richard brought me outside, it was a miracle, but I couldn't really leap away from his arms and run free, I had to be put on the gurney as well.

"Where's Gabby?" I ask, "I want to make sure that Z doesn't find her. Did you make sure everyone checked out?"

"Yes, we did, we have two men in the ambulance right now," he informs me, "now, you have to get on and go to the hospital, too."

"Can you ride in the ambulance with me?" I ask, even though I was waiting for a no to come out of his mouth.

"Yes, I can," he answers with a smile, "my partners and the other officers will be checking around the house."

"Sir, we have everything ready to go," an EMT informed Richard, "so, are you riding with us? And if you are, then we need to go now."

"Yes, I will," he tells them, as I was being whisked into the ambulance truck, "Seth, you're hopping in the ambulance truck with me."

"Okay, Richard," he replies with as they both hop into the truck.

Halfway to the hospital, I was just staring at everything and hoped that everything was going well for Gabby and her baby.

"Is this one of the girls you were talking about?" Agent Seth asks Richard.

"Yes, yes it is," he says as he looks at me with a smile.

"Well, you're a fine looking young lady that any man would be happy with," Agent Seth compliments.

"Thanks, Agent Seth," I tell him, "and yes I do have someone that is happy to be with me, and I hope that he will be waiting for me at the hospital along with my father, brother and friend."

"Well, I'm glad, and don't lose him," he tells me, "I beg of you. He may be the one thing to pull you out and away from this place. Oh, and please call me, Seth. Having the "agent" in front of my name sounds too formal for someone like you."

"Thanks for the advice and letting me know," I say to him as I giggle a little.

"Hey, look at that, I made her laugh," Seth informs Richard.

"No, I think it was more of a giggle than a laugh," he says, teasing him.

"Well, a giggle is a laugh in my world," Seth tells him, recognizing his tease, "as long as she's smiling, that's all that matters to me and it should to you, too."

"Yes, it does," he tells Seth.

"We're about ten minutes away from the hospital," the second EMT says.