Chapter 24

After a while, we both decide that it is time to have something to eat and then head to bed. First, we both get pajamas on and head towards the kitchen. We both head straight toward the pantry. Once we open it, we decide to grab a bag of chips and some salsa. After that, we get bottles of water. Soon after finishing that up, we go upstairs to Jeremy's room.

Once we get to his bedroom, I look at his clock on the night stand. It was close to one. I don't think anything of it at the time. I was just having a great ol' time with Jeremy. It was nice to just relax and be lazy once in a while.

"So, what are we going to do?' I ask Jeremy.

"I don't know, what do you want to do?" he questions back at me.

"I was hoping an answer from you, not me," I tell him.

"I'm sorry," he says, "how about we play a card game or something."

"Sure, sounds like fun," I agree with his suggestion, "okay, so, where are they?"

"You'll find them in the chest over there in a bin," Jeremy tells me.

"Okay, I'll get them," I tell him.

I get up and go over to the chest and open it. As I do this, I feel something pinch/slap my butt. I turn around and notice that Jeremy is smiling.

"Oh, you sly motherfucker," I tell him.

"What?" he says, as his smile turns into a grin, "I did no such thing."

"Whatever," I say, as I roll my eyes at him.

As I dig through the chest, I finally find a small bin that says Cards on it. What an obvious name of course, I thought, I wonder who wrote that on here. After getting a deck of cards out, I go back over to Jeremy and slapped him in the face.

"Bitch," I say to him with a smile on my face.

"I know, but what can I say? It was right there, ready for me to grab," he states.

"Oh, whatever," I say to him, "let's just get to playing, okay?"

"Okay, Ashley, whatever you say," he tells me with a smirk on his face. 

I am just going to really punch him in the face one day. No, then I would feel super guilty about doing it and I would do anything to make it up to him. Instead of the face, I will have to punch his arm instead, maybe both arms. Yeah, I like that idea. Would I want to do it unexpectedly or tell him that it's going to be coming and eventually he'll forget, and then it would become unexpected, unless he has some super memory powers, then I would be ruined. Man, I need to stop freaking out inside my mind so much. I think it's starting to freak me out a little bit. Okay, mind, focus on playing this game we are about to play, I thought, wow, what thoughts I have, just to think about it.

"Can we play Go Fish?" I ask him.

"Sure, why not?" Jeremy tells me.

He passes out the cards and we finally start playing, but before I could focus on the game, I had to grab a few pieces of chips to eat, just to make sure I'm not hungry during the game, because when I'm hungry, I start to panic, and when I start to panic, everyone else starts to panic, and once that happens. the world will collapse and be destroyed. After finishing my chips, I was then finally focused to play the game.

After playing for about an hour, we finish another round of the game, which I win both games. Soon after that, I look at the time and it was just after two o'clock. I wasn't getting tired or anything, but I was just starting to feel it. Then after looking back at the clock again, I start freaking out.