Chapter 22

As we pull into his driveway, we see a mysterious figure outside. I start freaking out about it. Why do I always do this? I thought.

"Jeremy, Jeremy, do you see that out there?" I say, frantically, while I shook him back and forth; from side to side, "do you see that? Who or what is that? Is it a stranger, a robber, or maybe even a murderer?"

Jeremy covers my mouth with his left palm and says, "Calm down, Ashley, it's just my dad."

I nod and he takes his hand off of my mouth.

"H-h-how could you possibly know that?" I stutter slightly, while also being curious.

"I know, because he sometimes goes outside to think or to do work," he explains to me.

"Oh, thanks for explaining that to me," I tell him.

"No problem," he tells me.

We then kiss, head out of the truck, and I grab my bag before going to say hi to his father.

After saying our hellos, we go inside to see everybody else, but once we do go inside, there is no one in sight.

"Where is everyone?" Jeremy asks his dad.

"I believe your mother is on a business trip to Istanbul, Turkey, and then to Dublin, Ireland with a Mr. Raymore," his dad informs us, "and your brother, Dylan, I believe is at his friend's house right now, and your sister, Aileen, is at her friend's house staying the night."

"Oh, thanks," Jeremy says, "and I hope my jackass brother stays where he's at."

"Watch your mouth, Jer!" his father yells out, "not in front of your girlfriend."

"It's okay, Mr. Lumber, I'm used to it," I explain to him, "and by the way, Mr. Raymore  is my father."

"Oh yeah, silly me, I forgot," Mr. Lumber says, "and please, call me Michael or Mike for short."

"Okay, Mr.... Mike," I say, stumbling.

Mike and I chuckle a bit.

"I got one question though," Jeremy utters.

"Okay, son, what is it?" Mike asks.

"How come you yelled at me when I cussed, even though you don't usually care if I do or not?" he inquires, without trying to sound rude or persistent.

"Well, I yelled at your ass, because of Ashley here," Mike explains to him, "she's a lady and she needs to be respected, but with you cussing, she's not getting much of the respect that she deserves.

"Thanks, I think," I tell him, blushing.

"Oh, no need to thank me, Ashley," he tells me.

"Hey!" Jeremy exclaims, "you just cussed when you said not to."

"Well, did I mention that you don't cuss when she's your girl, to show your respect to her?" Mike rhetorically asks Jeremy with a smirk on his face, "Also, I am your father; I can do what I want."

With no response to that, Jeremy's dad goes into the kitchen.

"Hey, we're not finished her," Jeremy demands, but to keep him from storming off and getting his ass kicked by his dad, I grab his hand, turn him around, and kiss him. After kissing him, all the angry he had in him was no more. Thank goodness that I know my kisses are effective. "Hey, um, I'll be right back," Jeremy tells me.

"Okay, I'll be waiting for you down here," I tell him.

After that, we kiss for a split second and he goes upstairs to grab something I suppose. As I was waiting, I head towards the kitchen to see if Mr. Lumber, um, I mean, Mike, was in the kitchen still. Once I get in there, I see him sitting at the dining table, reading a magazine. I was getting closer to him; trying to not make a sound.