Chapter 26

RECAP:

As Leslie starts dialing Jeremy’s phone number, I look around and see someone from a distance, running towards us. Fuck, I thought, I need to tell Leslie to move out of the way before she gets run over by this person.

“Umm, Leslie, I think--” I try telling her.

"Damn it, Jeremy,” Leslie says into the phone, impatiently, “pick up the damn phone.”

“Leslie!” I yell.

“What do you want, Ash--!?” Leslie says, before getting trampled by someone.

----------------------------------------NOW----------------------------------------

I stand there, watching Leslie get trampled by some guy. I was frozen. I didn't know what to do. I thought, oh my, what do I do? Should I get the nurse? Should I call the ambulance? What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? Okay, breathe. Now, just say something. After thinking, I start noticing some movement from Leslie and this mystery person.

"Hello?" I say. I didn't get a reply right away, which scared me a little bit. "Oh, my, gosh," I say, panicking, "are you alright?"

"Wha—" Leslie tries to get out.

"Okay, that's it, I'm getting the nurse," I say, as I'm still freaking out.

"No, don't, please," Leslie pleads, "don't worry about it, I'm alright."

"Are you sure?" I ask her, still worrying.

"Yes," she tells me. The guy then starts waking up and realizes what he has done, but before officially getting up on his feet, I see Leslie and this mystery guy stare into each other's eyes. "Um, excuse me, can you get off of me, please?" Leslie asks.

"Wait, Leslie, Ashley?" the voice asks, "it's me, Matt."

"Oh my gosh," I say, "I didn't recognize you when you were running this way."

"Oh, hey, what's up?" Leslie asks, while rubbing her head.

"I'm sorry, are you alright?" Matt asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Leslie tells him, "but are you alright?"

"Oh, I'm fine now," Matt tells her, while smiling, which makes her smile. 

"So, why were you running in the first place?" I question him, breaking the awkward silence.

"Well, I was on my way to practice," he explains to us, "but I must've been so caught up in that that I didn't see you and knock you over."

"Oh, okay," Leslie and I say.

"Oh, shit, I have to go or else I'm gonna be late," Matt tells us, "see ya ladies later."

After saying that, I think I see him wink at Leslie.

"Bye," we both say.

"Well, well, well, it looks like someone has a crush on you, Leslie," I tell her with a smile.

"What, no," she says, while looking away from me.

"Oh, I see, it looks like you have a crush on him as well," I say, still smiling.

"Oh, fuck, fine," Leslie says, knowing she was caught, "yes, I do have a crush on him, okay."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I question her.

"I don't know," she explains to me, "I rarely have a crush on someone unlike you."

"Hey," I say, knowing that she's teasing me, "those were times I thought a guy was good-looking and nothing more; that's it."