Chapter Forty - Two: Love Never Dies

*Two week later*

The funeral came with a river of tears and a huge trauma. Although she had buried Derek she still couldn't move on so easily. She couldn't escape or hide from the pain of losing him of thinking about how it used to be. It was the worst kind of monster someone should never face. She was terrified of what her future held, because all the past memories that she will never escape.

They were like pin point needles, piercing her skin over and over as she looked through his old clothes and other things and amongst them she found a letter addressed to her, titled, "MY TRUE FEELINGS,".

It was written three days after Lauren was born, and that reminded her of time she saw I paper inside his hand when she walked into their bedroom.

Allison took her painful memories and place them in a black box. The box was like her coffin full of sorrows and regrets. It was filled with many wedding photographs and the wedding rings.

She looked at the letter and stared at it for five minutes before decided to read it, his only letter, to give herself peace of mind one last time.

"My dear Allison, I know you hated me for the way I have been treating you because of the baby."

She couldn't hold back the tears as she read the letter.

She had to just endure the pain as the picture of his face flashed through her mind.

I thought it was a true honour to be the baby's father when I thought the baby was mine, because, it would be my first time being a father and a parent not only to someone so small but to watch them grow up into an adult and also, because I love you so much, it made it even more special to me.

She had experienced pain before but nothing amounted to this.

She could neither hide or run or fight.

Her happy memories were indeed her worst enemy right now.

It would be the most likely thing to extinguish and her emotionally and any hope of ever getting any sort of happiness back in her life because the past would be constant remind of what she could have had.

Neither the sun nor stars couldn't possibly shine as brightly as my heart does for you and the baby. I thought, it won't be long now until I can see your sweet face, touch your soft skin and whisper in your ear the collection of thoughts that I have been waiting to say to you ever since I found out that you were pregnant.

It truly doesn't matter whether the baby is mine or not.

I will love you both forever until I die.

I will be grateful for our time spent together and moments that have yet to come.

You, me and your child will have our greatest adventure together and someday we too will have one of our own as our love grows and never dies.

We will be one happy family and Jackson and I will try and make it work for yours and the baby's sake.

I will love your child no matter what because I'm truly madly in love with you and everything else that come with you.

My love will never die for you ever.

I want you to know that.

I will always love and cherish you.

I simply can't wait to start our happy married lives together.

Our love will never die.

Love,

Derek.