Chapter Five: It's A Start, I Accept It

(Allison P.O.V)

The next morning, I woke up around 11 am according to my alarm clock. Derek still held me in a tight grip. I didn't enjoy sleeping so close with him like this. It was so uncomfortable. I tried my hardest to pry his hands off me but to no prevail. I tired turning around then slip away but it didn't either.

"Derek, you got to let go of me?" I said.

He mumbled to me. "I don't want to lose you." That made my heart skip a bit, he was being sweet this morning. This was a change since he's usually irritable and disrespectful in the mornings.

"I promise I won't be in the bathroom long." I said. He let go off me and I rushed into the bathroom. I threw up all of last night's food into the toilet. I think the morning sickness is going to kill me, I swear. I flushed the toilet then stood up and began to brush my teeth. When I was done, I looked up and stared into the mirror. For some reason my eyes were red blood red. I didn't know if this was a part of the whole morning sickness. I guess, I was tired from last night and I just have bad hangover. I looked down on my stomach and I sighed. The bruises on skin are all gone. I was glad since I won't have to explain those bruises to my parents. They don't really like Derek so... I stopped there because I heard a noise from our bedroom. I walked back into our bedroom and looked. It was nothing. I went back on the bed.

"Tonight, my parents are having dinner with us and a few friends. I want you to come. I know what you're going to say but..." I said to him.

"I don't want to go. Your dad doesn't even like me." He said. What Derek said was one thousand percent true. My dad pretty much hated Derek from day one. He never gave Derek a chance to prove himself worthy of being in the Argent family.

Although it was true I still tried to make him feel better, "That's not true he likes you. Maybe not in a welcoming way but at least he invited you to dinner. Take it as a good sign and show up with me."

He looked at me and smiled.

"Okay. I will. Look, I'm sorry for bring Lydia here last night."

Confusion spread on my face.

Is here really apologizing to me?

Maybe he can change.

I'll accept his apology. It's a start for him and I'll take it.

"It's okay. You're forgiven Derek."

I smiled and I put my hand on his shoulder then kissed him.

We stayed in bed for couple more hours enjoying each other's presence.

I wanted today to start out great.

This was an excellent start and hopefully it would end the same too.