Chapter Nine: You Love The Wrong One

(Allison P.O.V)

I was frozen in my spot when I saw the damage done to Jackson's body.

He opened his eyes and stared at me.

"I'm going to leave you guys alone to talk." Scott said as he walked out of the room. I walked closer to Jackson's bed and couldn't shake the feeling that Derek was responsible.

"Who did this to you?" I asked him.

"It was your beloved husband, of course." He tries to move but I stopped him.

"How did it happen?" I asked as I sat down in a chair.

"About twenty minutes after, I got off the phone with you, he banged on my door. I opened it and we were in a shouting match, next thing I knew he punched me right in my jaw. He had the upper hand since he was on top of me. He kept screaming at me saying you were his and to stay away from you. I told him that you didn't even love him. That must have made him even angrier because the punches were ten times harder. I barely had a chance to fight back. I blacked out and woke up here." He replied.

I looked at him and held his hand. "I'm so sorry Jackson that you suffered like that. But you shouldn't have said those things to him. You know how he is sometimes. He was throwing plates around when he heard us talking on the phone. He said he was leaving but I didn't think..."

He gripped my hand tightly and I looked up at him. "I'm sorry if I was speaking the truth to him. But it is the truth. Before, I screwed up, it was me and you." I pretended like I didn't hear a word he just said.

"Are you going to press charges against him?" I asked him.

"Do you want me to?" He asked looking at me for a reaction.

I shouted 'yes!' in my head but I replied. "No."

"Alright, I won't." He said. "Can I touch her?" He mumbled to himself.

"Yeah." I said. I walked closer to him and raised my shirt up a bit. He gently placed his hand to my stomach. The baby kicked as soon as he touched me. Was this a sign? I tensed up as soon as he placed his other hand to my stomach, since his hands were ice cold. I could at least say in this moment, I wanted Jackson to be the father of my child. I could already imagine his smiling face when I told him the news. My thoughts were interrupted when I felt the cold hand disappear. I looked down and saw Jackson with his back turned to me.

"What's wrong? Why did you let go of the stomach?" I asked.

"You should probably get going, Derek's probably wondering where you are." He said.

"I don't want to leave you though." I said to him.

"I know, but I don't want you in the same condition as me when he finds out you were here with me. Please leave me and go home." He said. I wanted to say no I want to stay with you but I could tell he did want me to be there for him.

"Bye, I'll see you later then. I'm truly sorry for what he did." I replied. He did response to back to what I said he just stayed silent. I left his room. I walked back into the waiting room and saw Stiles talking to Scott. I didn't even want to talk to Scott right now. I was glad that he was suffering like Jackson is. I tried my best to walk passed them. Sadly, I failed and they noticed me.

"Hey Allison, where are you going?" Stiles asked as he and Scott walked up to me.

"I'm going home, to check on Derek." I said.

"He is probably fine." Scott said.

"Or not! Allison, your husband is crazy." Stiles said.

"What?! What do you mean?!" I said in surprise.

"Dude, come on. Seriously, this is not the time to..." Scott said.

"Oh, really, when is the time. Is it when you're in a hospital bed too?" Stiles asked.

"What?" Scott asked.

"Derek almost came close to killing Jackson. I'm sorry Allison but you picked wrong yet again. And this time you married him." Stiles said.

"You're not going to spend more time with Jackson?" Scott asked looking at me.

"He wanted me to go home so here I am trying to go home. Scott, I'm glad that you did end up here too. This all started when Jackson invited me to the party and got drunk I had sex with Jackson. Now, I'm pregnant. I'm so stupid."

"Yeah me and you both. I'm glad we didn't go any further than just a kiss." Scott said.

"Yeah, if you did, you'd be lying next to Jackson too. I told you ex-girlfriends were trouble especially when they have more than one ex-boyfriends. We're not high school anymore. Derek's gone crazy. He's not himself. Lydia has turned him into an abusive drunk who attacks ex-boyfriends. You remember when she tried to kill you. This is what Derek's now doing." Stiles said.

"Allison, I'm sorry about Stiles. When he's worried or gets nervous, he says anything."

"Hey, don't apologies for me. What I just said was the truth. Lydia screwed with his mind and now he's paranoid even more that he married Allison." Stiles said.

"Stiles, stop it man. You're making Allison feel even worse."

"It's okay. I'm going. I'm sorry if Derek tried to hurt you in the past but like you said that was all Lydia not me. I too was victim by her pathetic attempts at getting Derek back." I walked away from them and walked to the parking lot. I got in my car and rested my head on the steering wheel. I pretty sure all this stress was not good for the baby. I started the car and slowly drove home.